Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Joypad

Wedge -> Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (14/2/2007 9:38:52 PM)

Anyone heard of this?  Here's a quote from WizardUniverse.com about the related toy range:

But what really got our attention were the new 3 3/4-inch figures based on LucasArts' upcoming videogame Forced Unleashed for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The official press release will come on Tuesday for the game, but what we know is that the toys will be on shelves shortly before the game's November release date, they feature some new Jedi, plus a really battle-damaged Vader and a cool black Shadow Guard, there will be a role-play lightsaber that changes from good to evil with the touch of a button and the game seems to enable you to kick the ever-loving crap out of Stormtroopers using Force powers!

[image]http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/003443/IMG_9119.jpg[/image]

Wedge -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (14/2/2007 9:44:12 PM)

"SWFU will be set in the cloudy time period between Episode III and Episode IV, and you will play the role of an apprentice to the galaxies most bad ass Raiders fan, Darth Vader. As his apprentice, you will delve into the depths of the Dark Side of the Force, mastering itís powers as you work towards the ultimate goal of assassinating the Emperor, thus allowing you to become the #2 man in the galaxy behind Anakin."

Go to lucasarts.com, the concept art is pant wettingly exciting!!

Mozza -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (14/2/2007 9:48:55 PM)

I hope it's a return to form; the last great Star Wars game, in my opinion, was KOTOR and sequel.  That's quite an act to follow.

Hopefully this'll be more Jedi Knight than Jedi Power Battles.

Wedge -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (14/2/2007 9:54:13 PM)

The premise is extremely exciting!  Jedi hunting!  Darth Vader!  Birth of the rebellion!  Tie fighters, Star Destroyers, Stormtroopers!! [:D]

juanvasquez -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (15/2/2007 7:07:01 PM)

[sm=fighting03.gif][sm=love01.gif][sm=worship.gif][sm=51.gif]

target -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (15/2/2007 7:10:32 PM)

Im hoping they make a next gen Battlefront, i realy loved them on me old ps2.

Wedge -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (15/2/2007 7:37:51 PM)

Battlefront? Meh.  This one has the potential to be the best Star Wars game ever!

juanvasquez -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (15/2/2007 8:04:05 PM)

Bring on November. I've been waiting for a Star Wars game on the 360 since I got one. I know theres Lego Star Wars but I want a serious too.

Spartacus -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (16/2/2007 5:32:50 PM)

Let's hope it's more on the lines of Jedi Knight then, I haven't played a decent Star Wars game in years. I tried to get into KOTOR but I didn't like the fighting system, which is a shame as the game is supposed to be brilliant.

Kenny -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (17/2/2007 3:12:16 PM)

Theres a link to 2 new Force Unleashed Videos on the XBOX 360 thread

Wedge -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/2/2007 10:34:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kenny

Theres a link to 2 new Force Unleashed Videos on the XBOX 360 thread

Thanks, I'll try and find them.

Marky_Mark -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 1:56:35 PM)

New preview from Gamespot (clicky , or click here for video preview).

Crikey...this looks like a LOT of fun. [sm=fighting03.gif]

HIM -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 2:19:04 PM)

This month's issues of GamesTM and Edge both carry previews. Worryingly however both seem quite negative, the GamesTM one especially. I've a feeling that this will turn out to be a 6 or 7/10 game which is a shame beause it looks awesome and the potential is certainly there for something truely amazing.

Sleazy -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 2:24:24 PM)

saw a preview of this on Gamertv, showed a Star Destroyer crash landing in a city in front of some Jedi dude, looked awesome!

BigKovacs -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 5:35:05 PM)

Looks like a pretty generic but competent actioner, reckon it'll make a good rental.

rich -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 5:57:17 PM)

Im hoping its not a case of great technology wasted in a mediocre game. Havent seen any lightsaber duels yet, and it looks like it could get repetitive fast.

Boring Prophet -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 6:26:04 PM)

I really hope that it's nowhere near as shallow as the ROTS game.

Zao -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (29/1/2008 7:05:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Me too.

I have really high hopes for this game. I hope the DMM and Euphoria things turn out to enhance the game rather than just being gimmicks. It's an instant buy for me whatever, but I pray it turns out to be more than just a doss about.

Harry Tuttle -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (30/1/2008 10:28:51 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Zao

quote:

ORIGINAL: Boring Prophet

Me too.

I have really high hopes for this game. I hope the DMM and Euphoria things turn out to enhance the game rather than just being gimmicks. It's an instant buy for me whatever, but I pray it turns out to be more than just a doss about.

I'll be wating for a few reviews to come in before I get this one. Whilst the DMM and Euphoria engines do look fucking awesome, the previews have been pretty lukewarm. The main complaints I've read are that it's too easy and that you stand around doing nothing a lot while your character force chokes the life out of somebody.

They've got more than enough time to iron out the creases though so with any luck it'll be as kick ass as I hope it will be.

Gazdance -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (30/1/2008 12:52:32 PM)

Isn't this out in May?  Play have it listed as being released then, for the Wii I think.

Tyler_Durdan -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (30/1/2008 2:29:26 PM)

Has anyone read any more recent reviews? it didnt seem to be shaping up too well reading some of the previous posts. A wii remote controlled light saber does sound more than pormising though !!

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (30/1/2008 2:40:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gazdance

Isn't this out in May?  Play have it listed as being released then, for the Wii I think.

It's bound to get put back, but I do hope for May

Zao -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (12/2/2008 10:33:57 AM)

There's a decent piece on The Force Unleashed in 'Vanity Fair'- here
there's also a small, weird video as well- here

The more I hear and see, the more I get excited. Childhood wish fulfilment vehicle? Too early to tell yet, but fingers crossed...

Zao -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (18/8/2008 6:52:01 PM)

Right, since the demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN on Thursday I thought I'd bump this thread to the front page again. God, I hope it's good...

juanvasquez -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (18/8/2008 7:18:00 PM)

quote:

Right, since the demo is up on Xbox Live and PSN on Thursday I thought I'd bump this thread to the front page again. God, I hope it's good...

*Squels like a girl* Awesome!!! I'll be looking out for that all day thursday. The missus is buying the full game for me when it comes out as I pre ordered Viva Pinata for her. Excellent.

thepluginbaby -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/8/2008 1:05:12 AM)

I'm glad they're putting out a demo, makes me think that they're actually quite confident about showing it off.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/8/2008 8:59:30 AM)

Quite glad a demo coming out, shall be giving that a play this weekend.

Chojin -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/8/2008 9:42:31 AM)

quote:

it's up now? - gonna go try this bad boy out.

jediwarrior -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/8/2008 9:48:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chojin

quote:

it's up now? - gonna go try this bad boy out.

This Thursday 21st the demo's on Live

rich -> RE: Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (19/8/2008 12:38:49 PM)

Might check the demo out. I have a feeling the novelty will wear off pretty fast though, if they were so confident this was going to be a top class action game, why is Starkiller in Soul Calibur? 

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI