Jaws (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Jaws (15/11/2005 12:24:13 PM)

Post your comments on this article

kingkong66 -> JAWS (6/4/2006 5:31:05 PM)

kingkong66 -> JAWS (6/4/2006 5:34:14 PM)

Sorry about my last review i leand on the return key. JAWS is the best film ever made!!!!! end of story. SHUT UP ALL YOU WHO SAY OTHER WAYS.

rockerjo -> jaws (25/3/2007 12:21:58 PM)

Ha! you leaned on the return key

moving swiftly on

Jaws=great

willchadwick -> (28/5/2007 11:19:07 AM)

A film of masterful direction and imagery, never before have we seen a suspense film quite like it.

willchadwick -> (28/5/2007 11:19:07 AM)

A film of masterful direction and imagery, never before have we seen a suspense film quite like it.

03wills -> steven spielberg (21/6/2007 10:17:42 AM)

Steven Spielberg a credit to the directing world, a genius, his films bring faith to others, winner of 3 Oscars, one of the biggest masterminds in all of the film industry and Hollywood. His films sweep the nation making the viewers leaving the films in tension, frustration, anger, and happiness, and also the films either fictional or realistic bring comfort so the future generation can enjoy his films for thousands and thousands of years.

The films: Steven as brilliant as he is has done 100% extravagant films some of his titles are Close encounters of the third kind, Schindlers list, The colour purple, Jaws, Jewel, Saving private Ryan, Indiana Jones trilogy, E.t, Jurassic park, he has produced American beauty, star wars, Gorge Lucas also produced Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Munich, Hook, Jurassic Park, Empire of sun, Amistad, Catch me if you can, War of the worlds, Minority report, The Terminal.

Steven Spielberg was born on December 18th 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Education California state university at long beach. And quotes ‘before I go off and direct a movie I always look at 4 films they tend to be: Seven Samurai, Lawrence of Arabia, It’s a wonderful life, and the searchers.

03wills -> sir stevy (21/6/2007 10:19:27 AM)

Steven Spielberg a credit to the directing world, a genius, his films bring faith to others, winner of 3 Oscars, one of the biggest masterminds in all of the film industry and Hollywood. His films sweep the nation making the viewers leaving the films in tension, frustration, anger, and happiness, and also the films either fictional or realistic bring comfort so the future generation can enjoy his films for thousands and thousands of years.

The films: Steven as brilliant as he is has done 100% extravagant films some of his titles are Close encounters of the third kind, Schindlers list, The colour purple, Jaws, Jewel, Saving private Ryan, Indiana Jones trilogy, E.t, Jurassic park, he has produced American beauty, star wars, Gorge Lucas also produced Indiana Jones, Gremlins, Munich, Hook, Jurassic Park, Empire of sun, Amistad, Catch me if you can, War of the worlds, Minority report, The Terminal.

Steven Spielberg was born on December 18th 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Education California state university at long beach. And quotes ‘before I go off and direct a movie I always look at 4 films they tend to be: Seven Samurai, Lawrence of Arabia, It’s a wonderful life, and the searchers.

bryancarr -> Were going to need a bigger boat! (5/2/2008 2:17:24 PM)

This is a white knuckle terror that gets everybody on edge the first time they see it. Pity there arn't more like it!

bryancarr -> Were going to need a bigger boat! (5/2/2008 2:17:26 PM)

This is a white knuckle terror that gets everybody on edge the first time they see it. Pity there arn't more like it!

Horrorguru -> JAWS OVERATED. (12/3/2008 8:50:24 PM)

Benchleys original book was crap, spielbergs movie is only mildly entertaining. The shark looks phony. there are musical que's to let you know roy scheider will survive the boat attack. The sun doesnt shine out of spielbergs ass, you know, the place where so called real cinephiles live. average chiller from plodding material.

shawshank prisoner -> RE: steven spielberg (13/4/2008 1:30:01 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 03wills

Steven Spielberg was born on December 18th 1946 in Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. Education California state university at long beach. And quotes 'before I go off and direct a movie I always look at 4 films they tend to be: Seven Samurai, Lawrence of Arabia, It's a wonderful life, and the searchers.

wtf...

Woger -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (13/4/2008 2:56:14 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Horrorguru

Benchleys original book was crap, spielbergs movie is only mildly entertaining. The shark looks phony. there are musical que's to let you know roy scheider will survive the boat attack. The sun doesnt shine out of spielbergs ass, you know, the place where so called real cinephiles live. average chiller from plodding material.

I mock your beliefs and your value system, stop talking shit.

krudler -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (13/4/2008 8:00:08 AM)

quote:

riiiiight.......

or to correct, the original summer blockbuster, possible the greatest example of how to do a 3 act movie ever and a timeless classic

Ivan Galliver -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (13/4/2008 8:34:55 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: krudler

quote:

The shark looks phony.

I think you'll find it was, it's hard for sharks to get to auditions so they made a model one..
Right Bruce ?? 

Diggler -> Jaws (13/4/2008 10:14:55 AM)

Jaws is one of my all time favourite films. There are not many movies I saw 20 years ago that stick in my mind and I keep going back to watch every few months. It's also one of the most quotable movies there is. Check out IMDb for some quotes. I would say you could quote a dozen or so lines and people would know exactly what movie you're talking about.

Spoiler if you haven't seen Jaws:

The only part that I find hard to watch is where Quint gets eaten.

leroythemasochist -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (13/4/2008 10:46:57 AM)

You have no idea do you?
Horrorguru... what does that mean?  Do you admire Horror movies or do you think that Jaws is a horror movie?
If so, what kind of horror movies are you a guru of?
And Jaws manages to be a light comedy, family melodrama, an examination of small town paranoid and just about the greatest jump out of your seat movie of all time (at least in the age of colour).  So it is not a simple horror film.
Shark looked fake?  In some respects, maybe, but when a film is this well crafted any minor problems are cast aside.  You can't do that with CGI.  If it looks shit, it looks shit, end of story.
When movies are bound by the laws of physics they are more real.  Consequently, a rubber shark is far more real that a CGI one (which you obviously think is much better).

Now, do please go away and watch Saw or Hostel or whatever it is you enjoy. 

skeletonjack -> My favourite film (14/4/2008 11:24:36 AM)

Jaws is possibly the greatest film ever made.
Experty directed, fantastically paced, superbly performed.
No shot or scene is wasted, it is simply a perfect movie.
I hope to god they re-release this in cinemas as it's the one film I really wish I'd been able to see first time around. 
5 STARS +

leroythemasochist -> RE: My favourite film (14/4/2008 3:04:29 PM)

Saw Jaws when I was 7 in the cinema.  Just come back from living in US for a year and during that summer (1976) we went to Universal Studios, took the tour, saw the shark etc.
Even though I knew the shark wasn't real when I watched it at the pictures it was one of the most REAL events ever.

People who diss this movie have seriously missed out in the cinematic education somewhere along the way.
The birth of the CGI age helped a lot of movies save money (crowd scenes etc) but also killed the art of working things out and thinking around problems.  The whole 'sod it, we'll fix it on the computer' ethos means the directors can get lazy and miss out something so important in a movie - heart.
Lucas did this with his Star Wars prequels.  Some great bits but some plain awful stuff where he thought he could make it better in a little room with a PC and a mouse.
Jaws will never be bettered (there should be a law against pointless remakes).
It is quite simply PERFECT.

adam_wilde -> RE: My favourite film (19/4/2008 3:48:45 PM)

T H E   G R E A T E S T   F I L M   E V E R   M A D E

neawom -> RE: My favourite film (5/9/2008 9:13:13 PM)

The shot of the shooting star going over Brody's head is fantastic just like the film itself
 Spielbergs finest

5 stars

benny the jet -> RE: My favourite film (10/10/2008 11:21:18 AM)

Perfect film

Vitamin F -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 1:22:25 PM)

quote:

ELITIST COMMENT ALERT: 
There ought to be a Bruce's Law (something akin to Godwin's Law) whereby if anyone mentions the fakeness of the shark as a valid point for criticising Jaws, they are immediately removed from the discussion [:@] .
Sorry, please get out [;)]

b -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 2:06:58 PM)

yeah, i second that suggestion and the name. bruce's law it is - motion passed.

jimbojofre -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 2:54:53 PM)

5/5 from me, managed to get to see it twice at the pics in the last couple of years, awesome.

wgamador -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 3:36:03 PM)

Jaws is a fantastic film. Sure comparing the effects to todays CGI -standards will certainly fall short, but if you judge a film by that, then you are being ridiculous. And you cant say the shark looks fake throughout the film, considering Speilber used real shark footage for some of the shark's behavoir shots.
Also I think age plays a huge role in the popularity of these types of films. I suggested Friday the 13th to a 20 year old who had never watched it and he thought it sucked. It wasnt scary to him or anything, he said the blood looked fake, etc.... Now had he watched the film at the age I watched it (11) then he might have liked the chills it gave him. But i digress.

Jaws is an amazing film and it gave birth to the summer blockbuster.....what more do you want?
Also remember that when Jaws came out, there was no DISCOVERY CHANNEL or nature shows and the study of sharks was still sort of in its infancy at that time, so they were really considered killing machines.
I equate it to the UFOs of today, now most people are scared of UFOs, but if we knew more about them, what makes them tick, we would lose that sense of fear and wonderment.

JAWS and the word Overrated should never be in the same sentence. In my opinion.

broonie -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 4:24:20 PM)

Suppose eveyone is entitled to thier opinion, but if you were to ask everyone on this forum what rating they would give Jaws, 99.99999% would say 5/5, 10/10 or whatever. The point being, it is one of THE most defining films in cinema history.

Wilbert -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 5:18:34 PM)

quote:

You're just........ wrong.

Oh, and dumb!

Tech_Noir -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 5:21:18 PM)

Confession time, I don't think I've sat through the original Jaws all the way through.

Wilbert -> RE: JAWS OVERATED. (10/10/2008 5:24:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tech_Noir

Confession time, I don't think I've sat through the original Jaws all the way through.

You have to remedy this as soon as possible, Tech.

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.347656E-02