Exclusive: News On Departed 2... And 3! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: News On Departed 2... And 3! (7/2/2007 12:36:32 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jim.od2001 -> Yay!!!! (7/2/2007 12:36:32 PM)

Well The Departed was a great film, it didn't go down as well as it should have at the Box Office, I hope they just up the anti on the ad campain for number 2 because it deserves more than it got.

Gold Digger -> more of the same? (7/2/2007 12:42:14 PM)

Cannot wait to hear the word 'fuck' said a million times and a few more people's heads being blown off!

matthewforan -> RE: more of the same? (7/2/2007 3:13:30 PM)

If they're anything like the first one they will rock. But the director has to be careful not to over do it.

billythehick -> (7/2/2007 3:15:34 PM)

if this isn't the new godfather i don't know what is. they shouldn't make the prequel last though, that'd feel a bit inconsequnential. if they do go that route they should juxtapose it with a proper third part of the story.

Funk -> Another trilogy..! (7/2/2007 3:20:39 PM)

yeah this sounds very cool! I was quite miffed that they killed nearly everyone in the first one! So the idea of making a prequal could b v gd

shanyi -> (7/2/2007 3:40:27 PM)

With the likes of Spielberg, Woody Allen and other once great directors disappearing up their own cavities in the last decade, it's fantastic to see Scorsese truly indulging his inner film geek and making really enjoyable, unpretentious pictures like Aviator and Departed (Gangs of New York was dismal, but he seems to have learnt his lesson, bless 'im). I hope he gets involved in any Departed sequels that pop up, if only because a De Niro reunion with Scorsese would be limb collapsingly exciting.

Scottycent1234 -> RE: (7/2/2007 3:48:05 PM)

What!!! Speilberg is a legend! don't ever diss him! have you seen Munich! War of the Worlds was shit! but thats down to David Koepp, Don't get me wrong Scorsese is a legend also, but who helped Marty edit the last squence of Taxi driver the fucking climax of the movie! Speilberg!
you have deeply offended me and anyone else who is a true fan of film.....Woody Allen on the other hand is licking his own tonsils

Dave B -> RE: RE: (7/2/2007 5:26:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Scottycent1234

you have deeply offended me and anyone else who is a true fan of film.....

[:D]

Eomer_King -> (7/2/2007 6:28:56 PM)

More Departed films-it just doesn't get any better than that.

dj vivace -> RE: (7/2/2007 7:35:47 PM)

Definately, and talk about a full on remake of the original trilogy ay

pjdonnelli -> Infernal Affairs (8/2/2007 2:10:17 AM)

Was much better. It had much more emotion due to the fact that the film started with both characters being undercover for the last 10 years then showing their lives unfold in a short space of time. The Departed, which was a good film in its own right felt a bit cramped with the plot jumping forward a few months every 5 minutes. The original didn't have hardly any violence but still packed more of a punch at the end.

solid snake -> The Departed part 2 (8/2/2007 8:10:36 AM)

I thought The Departed was exellent. However i am not really sure how part 2 would work. Most of the cast died in the film apart from Digman (Whalberg). Even when Diman shoots Collin (Damon) in the head the doors arent really left open for a sequal. But i could be wrong. It might be nothing compared to the first but i am intrested.

mr_pringel -> how odd?! (8/2/2007 11:02:42 AM)

well in my opinion i prefered infernal affairs, it gave more depth and meaning to the characters and you really became ravelled up in their lives as they unfolded throughout. scorsese's departed however is a much mroe realistic depiction of the underworld, particuly in his approch to graphic violence. however this is completely irrelivent as it also gives a perfect example off two rather different styles of film - west and east. i am rather confused as to why, (if they are remaking the infernal affairs trilogy) departed 2 would be a sequel when in actual fact it shoudl be a prequel. you see infernal affairs II is a prequel and infernal affairs III (unfortunatly not reviewed on EMPIRE) should be part sequel and part prequel (like the godfather part II), this seems a rather odd step to make.

scorsese does not strike me as a man who would take on 2 more departed films, however after the success of the previous it might not be a bad idea for numerous reasons. BUT IT MUST BE MADE BY SCORSESE!!! but i am mostly confused by the order they are remaking them in, if indeed they do!

KennyM -> Joy! (8/2/2007 7:49:03 PM)

Sounds interesting, heres' hoping it gets of the ground

hellboy22 -> Heres hoping (16/2/2007 2:31:42 PM)

That sounds great for a sequel and even a prequel would be great too, but they would have to be quick because Jack Nicholson isn't getting any younger unless they use the same technology which they used in Xmen III.

Private Hudson -> Honestly, Scorsese..... (22/2/2007 10:31:08 PM)

I have always felt Marty is one of the most overrated directors in history.

Goodfellas, Taxi Driver, Raging Bull and King of Comedy are brilliant movies but the rest are all crap.

The Departed was okay, but it was sooooooooooooooo inferior to Infernal Affairs and the Matt Damon character had to live to make the movie credible. Scorsese copped out again.

The Aviator was pure guff, as was The Color of Money, Age of Innocence, Gangs of New York (what a poor climax), and Kundun.

However Marty's worst movie ever was the truly dire Mean Streets. That movie sucks big time.

Oh and let's not talk about his Cape Fear.

Marty you have made some great movies, but also some real turkeys pal. Retire before you ruin your legacy.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI