Another CS Lewis Film In The Works (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Another CS Lewis Film In The Works (1/2/2007 1:41:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Chaos Engine -> (1/2/2007 1:41:37 PM)

Got a couple of Screw-tapes of my own hehe!!

Clemenza -> Sounds Good (1/2/2007 2:02:04 PM)

Seeing as Screwtape Letters is a story with a predominantly Christian message and I and many thousands of other Christians will have read it there shouldn't be a problem with getting an audience. The only real problem is working out a plot from all the ramblings.

Mr Moneypenny -> Great Idea But... (3/2/2007 1:59:55 PM)

This is deffiently a great idea, but how can you turn a series of letters - albeit very witty and well written - into a plot or story?
Though they managed to change Briget Jones Diary into an entertaining couple of hours so am willing to give it a chance.
I wouldn't worry about it trying to find an audience, while it is Christian in origin, the morally corrupting ideas Screwtape disscusses are universal in scope.There is a very good oppertunity here to make something both funny yet thought provolking.
Hope it works out well.

kingtrashcan -> Fact (4/2/2007 10:08:31 AM)

Did you know that this is the book that the cartoon Bono is reading in the video for U2's "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" just before he gets run over?

Jeremy4373 -> The Screwtape Letters meets The Fantastic Four? Really? (28/9/2008 5:05:23 AM)

I recently began working on an Adaptation of The Screwtape Letters. On a whim, I did a google search to see if such a project was already in the works. To my disappointment, there was. And even worse, It is going to be produced by the same people that produced The Fantastic Four. I cant honestly say that I care one way or the other for The Fantastic Four movie, but my fear is that The Screwtape Letters movie will wind up being a mix between Chronicles of Narnia and The Fantastic Four. Given the structure of the book, the movie will have to stray quite far from it in regards to how it is shot, but a larger problem is that the book is not one that should be shot as a fantasy special effects thing. I fear that should this happen, the very essence of the book will be lost in CGI and poor cliche-like images. PLEASE dont let this happen to this wonderful story.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI