Charlie Kaufman Lands A Cast (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Charlie Kaufman Lands A Cast (11/1/2007 1:56:03 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Jack'sSmirkinRevenge -> Sweet (11/1/2007 1:56:03 PM)

I'm hoping this is going to be as brilliant as it sounds like it could be. Kaufman is an amazing writer, and with names like Spike Jonze, Philip Seymour Hoffman and Catherine Keener also in the picture, then this should be a peach.

myschaefer1920 -> spelling? (11/1/2007 6:43:47 PM)

Shouldn't that be "synecdoche" (with an extra 'c')? As in a figure of speech where the part is used to represent the whole (or vice versa)?

matthewforan -> It's Gonna Be Big (11/1/2007 7:55:26 PM)

Charlie Kaufman is back and i couldn't be happier this is gonna be a great film and i'm sure that Oscar will give him the nod once again.

boredbluekoala -> Woah!! does this sound dull? (it's a rhetorical question) (11/1/2007 10:59:40 PM)

Kaufman may be well loved by luvvies, but the films that result from his scripts are such dull, slow introspective yawn-athons. Here is a great idea, how about featuring a coherent plot for a change? You never know people might go and see it !!!

DGE Fuller -> Now, this is news. (14/1/2007 10:55:12 PM)

Enough with what Venom's going to look like, the fact the Charlie Kaufman is directing a film is something to look forward to. His films are definitely intropective and off kilter, but boring? No way! You can never be certain what will happen next, whereas you can be sure what will happen in almost every summer movie that is filling up the space here- conflict and resolution, fists/swords/symbiotes whatever, it's the same story. This will be unique, even if it is a horrible failure. I will be there! But then I do work in a cinema, so I get in for free.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI