Sarah Jane Adventures (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

mrdoom14 -> Sarah Jane Adventures (29/12/2006 3:18:02 PM)

Im looking forward to the spin off on New Years Day about the adventures of Sarah Jane and her robatic pet K9 after they left the doctor.However im slightly disapointed that its a one off but its defintely worth waching anyway.

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (29/12/2006 4:04:52 PM)

It's a one-off? I was under the impression it was a series, more fool me.

Either way, I personally think they've bled the Dr Who idea dry as a bone. Stop with the damned spin-offs already! Torchwood is pretty damned poor and a reliable let-down of a viewing; I can't see the Sarah Jane adventures being any better.

Come to think of it, the bloom is definately off the rose altogether for me and the Doctor. I jsut find it a bit tired and repetitive now. And is it so hard to think up new alien enemies?? Why always the outdated, ridiculous-looking villains from the 60s?? Argh.

Okay, rant over. [:D]

mrdoom14 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (29/12/2006 4:09:11 PM)

Well personally I think Torchwood is an excellent spin off, its no Doctor Who but it is certainly a great show.And im certainly going to watch this one off show about Sarah Jane if it is rubbish or not.

Jim -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (30/12/2006 12:32:14 AM)

Gotta agree with SotD here. I couldn't believe it when I saw the trailer. Another spin-off? They're really milking this Doctor Who revival for all it's worth.

Don't get me wrong, I really like the new Doctor Who and I thought the Christmas special was great but this 'Sarah Jane Adventures' crap just doesn't interest me in the slightest. Torchwood is a bit rubbish, which doesn't bode well. Okay, Sarah Jane was quite good in the last series of Doctor Who and I'm sure for fans of old it was fun to see her again and it was a good nod to those original fans. But giving her her own spin-off (one-off or not)? Please.

galvatron -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (30/12/2006 6:57:42 PM)

I think the bbc are running out of new ideas! Another Dr Who spin off do we really need one! 

mrdoom14 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (31/12/2006 9:28:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: galvatron

I think the bbc are running out of new ideas! Another Dr Who spin off do we really need one! 

Dont see why not.More entertainment.

mumblin sumpthin -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (31/12/2006 3:50:54 PM)

They tried the Sarah-Jane adventures once before in the early 80s and it didn't work then. This one is definitely aimed at kids but I still think it's a bit of a mistake, you can push a good thing too far sometimes and people start to get sick of the sight of it. I realise that Doctor Who is riding on a crest of a wave at the moment but it wouldn't take much for it to fall out of favour. 

mumblin sumpthin -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (31/12/2006 4:03:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead

Come to think of it, the bloom is definately off the rose altogether for me and the Doctor. I jsut find it a bit tired and repetitive now. And is it so hard to think up new alien enemies?? Why always the outdated, ridiculous-looking villains from the 60s?? Argh.

Okay, rant over. [:D]

I agree that there is a danger of it getting repetitve, although I don't think it has just yet. I do disagree about the amount of old enemies though, it was only a couple of episodes in the first series and four in the second series that had enemies from past series coming back again. Personally I like to see the odd one rear it's head as it's good to sometimes see them done with modern technology and bought upto date and I think it's understandable that some older fans want to see the Daleks and the Cybermen again mixed in with the newer adventures.

mrdoom14 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (31/12/2006 6:40:12 PM)

mrdoom14 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (3/1/2007 10:36:44 AM)

I wached this one off taster for a new seriese starting later this year.Its no Doctor Who or Torchwood and its defintely one for the kids, but I did quit like it and its enjoyable at best.And im certainly looking forward to when the new seriese starts.

elab49 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (3/1/2007 11:47:34 AM)

It will be a series - they did say this was going to be, effectively, a pilot. I really quite enjoyed it. Some of it was pretty amusing and I thought Samantha Bond - who I am sure I read somewhere is actually the series big bad - was very good. The lead girl is a bit too Blue Peter stage school for me though so hopefully she'll improve (or get some acting lessons that stretch beyond Annie!). I wondered how they'd explain the lack of K9 - seems it is those buggers mucking about in Berne that are to blame.

Technically the last one was actually a K9 series I think - given it was called K9 and friends. I actually dug out the video of it after they turned up in the series and woeful it was too! And boy can you see the improvements in effects.

You have to love the kids version of the show though - big monster coming through house - defeated by what looks like bug spray!

nomimalone -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (3/1/2007 12:09:31 PM)

I really enjoyed this, it's undemanding children/family entertainment. Elizabeth Sladen and Samantha Bond were both excellent and I look forward to watching the series later this year.

Dave B -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 12:41:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Technically the last one was actually a K9 series I think - given it was called K9 and friends.

K9 and Company.

tbird -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 11:46:36 AM)

I really really enjoyed this. It's like Dr Who for girls, and it's so enjoyable and unpretentious.

I think Sarah Jane is very charismatic and really drew me into the situation and I was rooting for her at every turn. Even the children in it weren't annoying and that is rare these days.

I look forward to seeing more!

elab49 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 11:56:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tbird

I really really enjoyed this. It's like Dr Who for girls, and it's so enjoyable and unpretentious.

I think Dr Who for children. Dr Who is Dr Who for girls. And boys. And any other sex that cares to watch it. Unless we are talking about the strictly stereotyped girly in her little pink tutu who can't see beyond her beloved pony...

Sorry but I do hate TV and film stereotyping. I know it sounds harsh but the number of infuriating article by female media muppets talking about how 'girls' don't watch Lord of the Rings (ie they were in their 20s but were apparently so emotionally retarded and fundamentally immature they forget to call themselves women) really drove me up the wall as if females don't watch or read genre material.

tbird -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 11:57:35 AM)

Well it was just my opinion...

elab49 -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 12:01:42 PM)

Accepted - but I just wondered what makes Dr Who not for 'girls'? Or would stop 'boys' watching this?

tbird -> RE: Sarah Jane Adventures (4/1/2007 1:00:30 PM)

I didn't mean that Dr Who is not for girls at all. A lot of my female friends watch it religiously and love the old serieses as well.

It's just that Sarah Jane as a female lead will probably pull in more of a female audience as she's a great  role model for younger girls. I might be wrong but I felt more of an affinity with her than I do with the Doctor, and maybe that's because I'm female.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
4.589844E-02