RE: Future Batman Films (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (30/1/2006 6:24:10 PM)

After seeing Kong, I'm not adverse to having Adrian Brody as The Joker. But why is Sean Penn in the running? I think that this role is completely opposite to what we have come to expect of him and I don't think that's a good thing.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Batman Films (30/1/2006 6:28:10 PM)

Guy Pearce doesn't sound like someone to work with Hollywood though, and he's always lampooned the idea of playing Batman anyway early on. The Joker though: it's close to comfort, but Brody is an Oscar winning actor afterall.

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (30/1/2006 8:18:13 PM)

Paul Beatany all the way! i just saw a clip of him in The Da Vinci Code. all he did was look like a psycho with white hair but with green thats The Joker.

JIm R -> RE: Future Batman Films (31/1/2006 10:13:49 AM)

For evidence of Paul Bettany's ability to play 'psycho', look no further than Gangster No.1, he is absolutely mesmorising in that film.  Controlled anger, the evil is all in the eyes.

Nolan has said before he wants the base of his film to be British talent.  As much of a long life fan of Depp that I am, Bettany would be the better build (tall, thin), attitude (those eyes)  and he has the ability to portray tortured very well.

We'll see over the next few months, but I have a strong belief that Nolan will listen to the fans.

I appreciate WB will have a big say and at the end of the day, it's all about bums on seats and Depp would bring in more money because of his name alone but let's not go down the Nicholson/Keaton road, after all it's a Batman film and should be based on performance and characterisation not the name.

Paul Bettany please asap.

Cheers.

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (2/2/2006 11:17:11 PM)

I heard a rumour that Liam Neeson would be in the second one too in flashbacks. Anyone know if thats true?

Peter Griffin -> RE: Future Batman Films (3/2/2006 9:40:16 AM)

I think Jake Busey would be a good Joker...

http://www.filmscouts.com/zgifclip/frighte/frighte5.gif

igloo2 -> RE: Future Batman Films (3/2/2006 1:47:44 PM)

I personally think all the panic over too many characters are unfounded, one of the big wigs at Warner Brothers these days is a former editor at DC and appreciates Batman. Rumours suggest that Nolan will do 3 batman films, however there are suggestions that batman may get the Spiderman treatment(as many sequels without stop being good.)
Harvey Dent in the next film is logical, not as two face until 3. I think Talia would be a great addition, and posibly a hint of an immortal Ras, hell the lazarus pits are mentioned on the begins dvd.

Nolan's and Goyer's Joker would be done well, and i feel comic back story should be used where there is no definitive origin, something which drives batman nuts. Personally i can't wait for how they are going to deal with his face transformation. There is a mock up of Launchy Hume(sp?) as the joker and he looks spot on.

Expanding the bat universe in a film is fine, the penguin could be a recurring character seen in sunbsequent films. Bring on the iceberg lounge! He doesn't need a main role, just a curious character who has dealings which aren't exactly legal.

I think there should also be work eventually on robin or nightwing. I think these would be good characters if done well.(and not until batman 4 at least)

And a list of charcters which either need reimagined or brought to the big screen for the first time
  1. Bane(what a mess in B&R)
  2. Poison Ivy (eh, same)
  3. Mister Freeze(get Patric Stewart for the love of all that's holy)
  4. Clay face(so much cooler than Sandman)
  5. Jean Paul Lavesque (for the geeks like me)
  6. If we're going to have Talia can we have Lady Shiva too? Pretty please
  7. Harley Quin, even just as Harleen Quinzell the psychiatrist i'd be happy.Maybe she helps to rehabilitate the joker in arkham at the end of 2 or 3. They could both return in subsequent films.
  8. Man Bat.
  9. Oracle, i don't like Batgirl, not sure why, but oracle's cool. I for one don't mind a little origin realignment as long as it's cool e.g In Batman the animated series Tim Drake and Jason Todd were basically moulded together, that's cool. The joker killing Bruce's parents and then dying is just stupid.

Silvertouch -> RE: Future Batman Films (3/2/2006 10:00:46 PM)

Whoever said Jake Gyllenhaal for The Joker needs to get into contact with Nolan as soon as possible.

Barefoot Doctor -> RE: Future Batman Films (5/2/2006 10:49:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: igloo2

• Jean Paul Lavesque (for the geeks like me)

• I'm pretty sure Jean Paul Lavesque is a wrestler and not a Batman character.

Marky_Mark -> RE: Future Batman Films (5/2/2006 11:32:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

quote:

ORIGINAL: igloo2
  • Jean Paul Lavesque (for the geeks like me)

• I'm pretty sure Jean Paul Lavesque is a wrestler and not a Batman character.

Perhaps you mean Jean Paul Valley AKA Azreal....?

Would fit pretty well into a Bane/Knightfall story!!

Check his backstory HERE.

I have come to pass judgment on you...
    Know that men call you Liar!
    Know that men call you Betrayer!
    Know that men call you Defiler!
    Therefore, it is the duty of the Angel Azrael
    to bring you punishment-
    The punishment of death by fiery sword!

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 11:13:19 AM)

nah leave that for the third or fourth. he's only just got the cape and cowl. he can't lose it yet.

DanielFullard -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 11:14:28 AM)

I wasn't the biggest fan of the Batman Begins film but for me it serves as a good primer for a re-lauch of the franchise and thus I eagerly anticipate the films to come

JIm R -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 1:59:43 PM)

News in today from superherohype.com that may or may not be taken with a bucket of salt that an extra on set of The Prestige where Nolan, Bale and Caine are all decamped mentioned that he overheard conversation with the connection of Paul Bettany as The Joker and Jake Gyallanhal (spelling ?) as Harvey Dent and the three's thoughts on working with these new actors in the second film.

Views guys ?   

Mycroft -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 3:42:49 PM)

Pinch of salt but thats pant wettingly good news, Bettany seems to be the fan favourite and hes the only name ive heard that I know can play all aspects of the Joker. Psychotic, flamboyant, dangerous, unpredictable etc. He doesn't have the typical Joker look but it's very unique and has a great fairly high pitched voice and laugh. He's also tall and lanky enough to match up to Bale in costume.

Gyllenhaal im not so sure about, he seems a bit on the young side for the role like Holmes was with Rachel. Dent should be around the same age as Wayne

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 4:06:57 PM)

I always thought of The Prestige as like a pre-production stage for the Batman sequel in itself. Bettany sounds like a really cool idea. They may all be negotiations but it's a real start. As for Gyllenhaal, well, he has gained some kudos recently and regarding his age, well, with Holmes gone I felt Dent would be introduced as a similiar character, but indeed, I always thought of Dent being Wayne's equal. Hugh Jackman anyone, given he is locking horns with Bale in The Prestige?

JIm R -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 4:58:49 PM)

I have said all along it should be Guy Pearce, but that is not going to happen due to his aversion to comic book films.  I totally agree with previous posts, Dent is aged around 35-36 in the comics and so JG is way too young so I would go with someone that will be around 32 years old given that Batman Begins 2 will be set around a year after the first one and is similar to Bruce's age.

Macphisto -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 6:57:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

I heard a rumour that Liam Neeson would be in the second one too in flashbacks. Anyone know if thats true?

First I've heard of this. Hasn't been reported by batman-on-film in any shape or form, so it's probably just one of many silly fanboy rumours. Best taken with a huge grain of salt.

I'm rooting for Pearce to land the Dent role and Hulme for The Joker. Fan favourites seem to be Schreiber for Dent and Bettany, Hulme and Eccleston for the clown prince of crime. If Black Mask appears as rumoured, I'd say Tim Roth would be the ideal choice.

Macphisto -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 7:01:51 PM)

quote:

They never actually say for definate that The Joker killed his parents in Volume 1 of the DVD that I can see. Mask of the Phantasm we learn that Jack Napier also killed Andrea Bomart's father. I think I remember Batman hinting that The Joker had killed his parents too...

Like the original comics, Bruce's parent were killed by a random mugger in the animated series (the name Joe Chill may be mentioned; I can't quite remember the small details). In the animated, Batman and the Joker are also around the same age.

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 8:19:36 PM)

But in Batman of the Future when they have the flashback to the last battle between The Joker and Batman he learns that he's Bruce Wayne and that he killed his parents as Jack Napier and teases him about it...

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 8:32:48 PM)

quote:

But in Batman of the Future when they have the flashback to the last battle between The Joker and Batman he learns that he's Bruce Wayne and that he killed his parents as Jack Napier and teases him about it...

I don't remember that bit. You're talking about the fantastic Batman Beyond movie right? If memory serves me he teases Batman about being just a little boy still crying over the death of his parents.

Locke_fan -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 8:37:27 PM)

I want to see the joker and two-face in this film and then perhaps the penguin and the return of the scarecrow.

you stay classy,san diego

Macphisto -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 8:47:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

quote:

I don't remember that bit. You're talking about the fantastic Batman Beyond movie right? If memory serves me he teases Batman about being just a little boy still crying over the death of his parents.

That's it exactly. Great scene.

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 8:53:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macphisto

quote:

ORIGINAL: My Life in Pictures

quote:

That's it exactly. Great scene.

But I don't remember him ever saying anything about Jack Napier.

If anyone liked Batman Beyond, Season 2 of Justice League Unlimited has a fantastic Prologue about it. It involves Terry grown up and finding out about who Bruce Wayne really is. Admitedly you kinda need to watch the whole season to understand the details but it's a must watch for all Batman fans.

Macphisto -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 9:39:19 PM)

He never mentions killing Bruce's parents. And given they are around the same age as each other, it would have been impossible to do so. Like you said, he just mocks Bruce for being a 'little boy in a playsuit crying for mommy and daddy' and says the revelation is 'anti-climatic'.

The only thing they carried over to the animated series from the Burton films in regards to the Joker was his name Jack Napier. But even then the Joker later revealed it was just another alias.

Luca Brasi -> RE: Future Batman Films (6/2/2006 11:01:48 PM)

Personally I'd love to see a movie version of Nightfall made. I loved the audio version that the BBC broadcast about 10 years ago and was really disappointed by the treatment Bane got in B&R.

JIm R -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/2/2006 2:06:49 PM)

According to a report on superherohype, there was news on CNN over in America this morning of Jake Gyellenhal having definately been cast as Harvey Dent.

Not my first choice, but a good choice all the same.

Mycroft -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/2/2006 5:07:42 PM)

Could be alot worse if true, he's a bit youthful looking for my liking but depends on the story they have in mind. I'm still rooting for Liev Schreiber

harry rose -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/2/2006 5:44:57 PM)

ok lets just get this stright, if the joker is going to be in the new batman movie, he should scare the shit out of the audience and actuly kick ass and not be a wise crack like alll the time!! make his face cgi?? mayb the next best thing to gollum, okey he cant wear a little sex cloth like gollum does, ewwwwwww, well if there gonna have some bad guys, leave out cat woman, and 2 face!! buut bring back mr freeze, make him kwl instead of that twat arnie! make him kick some bat ass!! and please make the batmobile cooler caus its alrite but i want it to be better, and ditch the love story, bruce wayne has no time for bonking hollywood actresses, wait...i will get back to you on that!! while im at it!! BEAST is my favrioust x-man, and omg have they made him look like a tit! lets just hope he kicks alot of magneto ass and do alot of jumping and swining, and as for a wolverine movie, the only way im seeing it if its a gory 18, come on wanna see some blood on those claws!!

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/2/2006 5:53:28 PM)

What are you on about?

ca11ey -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/2/2006 8:41:34 PM)

Well,,,,according to IMDB today,,,and I quote..:

Gyllenhaal and Bettany to Join Batman

Brokeback Mountain star Jake Gyllenhaal is being touted as Gotham City district attorney Harvey Dent in the next Batman sequel, along with Paul Bettany, who may play the Joker. Gyllenhaal would play Gotham City's good-guy lawyer, who mutates into his alter-ego, Two-Face, in the third film. In the sequel, Batman would team with Harvey Dent to destroy the Joker, according to moviehole.net. Tommy Lee Jones formerly played Dent/Two-Face on the big screen in Batman & Robin. Star Christian Bale is set to return, as well as Michael Caine as butler Alfred.

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI