The Dark Knight Rises & Future Batman Films (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Timon -> The Dark Knight Rises & Future Batman Films (10/11/2005 11:05:12 AM)

Begins was a success and Nolan, Bale, Caine and Freeman have all said they'd return for "Batman Continues/Attacks" or whatever it's going to be called.

Apparantly Katie Holmes will not be in it due to the hysteria that her relationship with The Cruiser caused at the time so expect a new love interest.

From the ending of the last film, it looks like the villain will be the Joker and everyone from Paul Bettany to Sean Penn has been named but NOTHING has been confirmed.

Most recently, actors have been rumored for the role of D.A. Harvey Dent, a.k.a. the future villain Two-Face. The next Batman film is said to introduce him as an ally of Batman's before a third flick establishes him as The Dark Knight's foe.

Long rumored contender Liev Schreiber (The Manchurian Candidate, Sum of All Fears) recently took part in a chat session over the weekend via on his official site, where he was asked about the Dent rumors. Schreiber denied knowing about the role but that doesn't mean he wouldn't consider it.
Personally, i think Schreiber would be fantastic in the role, but make of this what you will.

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (1/1/2006 11:42:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marky_Mark

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack of Blades

John C. McGinely as The Joker

[sm=confused42.gif] Oh my God...that would be just AWESOME!! I can't believe no-one's thought of that yet!

I'm still plumping for Crispin Glover though... 

Thanks, I noticed it during Scrubs. Crazy guy (in the programme) and about the same height.

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (2/1/2006 4:32:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Barefoot Doctor

He handled multiple villians perfectly in Batman Begins - the problem with the previous films was the writing, not simply the fact there was lots of villians. In saying that, I would like to see a film with The Joker as the main villian with any other villians playing very small roles.

I would say he handed mulitple villians well, not perfectly. Whilst I absolutley adore the movie it just seems that Scarecrow is really under-used, possibly because he will return in another film and we are just being teased but I just feel he could have perhaps done a little more.

Henri Ducard was a personal villian because he had trained Bruce and they had both become close, but if Nolan's going to produce another villain with depth I think he's going to have to spend more time building him up as a character rather than deal with a handful of baddies.

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (2/1/2006 5:35:12 PM)

That's why I believe that Nolan's Joker will be awesome. There is so much source material focusing on the antagonist (principally 'The Killing Joke') that the character analysis will be epic.

Marky_Mark -> RE: Future Batman Films (5/1/2006 12:55:08 PM)

Just read a piece on IGN that Josh Lucas is under consideration to play Two-Face.

SHIT- I hoped this would be just a Joker movie

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (5/1/2006 6:19:37 PM)

There is a report that Harvey Dent will appear in the second movie and help Batman apprehend The Joker. However, in the third movie, The Joker is said to instigate the birth of Two Face by poison-flowering him. Therefore, Dent would appear earlier but not as Two Face. Apparently the second film will discuss the idea of sanity (in the same way that Begins did fear) with The Joker being the posterboy of the criminally insane. The third will then focus on the idea of duality with the token themed villain being Two Face.

Of course, this is only speculation.

Mycroft -> RE: Future Batman Films (5/1/2006 6:28:19 PM)

Ooo will be great to explore Bruce Waynes sanity in the next one. I'd like him to become a bit more Keaten-style unhinged with Jokers antics causing mayhem

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/1/2006 3:32:39 PM)

Batman's cool because he walks the very edge of the casm of evil. Exploring his sanity could be really interesting. To know the light you have to have felt the darknesss...

Captain Villa -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/1/2006 4:01:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Caster

Yeah, I've heard rumours Phillip Seymour Hoffman is up for the Penguin and Sam Rockwell is dying to be The Joker.

Do we really need another version of The Penguin? Danny Devito is so synonymous with that role and there are still loads of new villains to choose from. The Joker was back in 1989 so that's not so bad, and I love Rockwell, but doing the Penguin again is stupid IMO.

Burton wrecked the Penguin character and simply made a monster with the same name. In the same way that he killed both Penguin and Joker, he butchered comic lore.

Penguin needs to be done again and done properly, as a the veertically challenged, upper class crime lord he is, not some macabre monster derived as a precursor to Burtons next project, Nigthmare before christmas.

However, we need Joker first.

My Life in Pictures -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/1/2006 4:07:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jack of Blades

There is a report that Harvey Dent will appear in the second movie and help Batman apprehend The Joker. However, in the third movie, The Joker is said to instigate the birth of Two Face by poison-flowering him. Therefore, Dent would appear earlier but not as Two Face. Apparently the second film will discuss the idea of sanity (in the same way that Begins did fear) with The Joker being the posterboy of the criminally insane. The third will then focus on the idea of duality with the token themed villain being Two Face.

Of course, this is only speculation.

I love the idea of themed movies. It's also makes sense to only include one villain in each movie to humanise the theme. Joker and Two-Face are classic Batman villains and I can't wait for the sequel although I still hope it focus's more on Bruce Wayne than Harvey Dent or the Joker.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: Future Batman Films (7/1/2006 4:19:54 PM)

quote:

I love the idea of themed movies. It's also makes sense to only include one villain in each movie to humanise the theme. Joker and Two-Face are classic Batman villains and I can't wait for the sequel although I still hope it focus's more on Bruce Wayne than Harvey Dent or the Joker.

All of Nolan's films have focused somewhat on a mental illness (Empire called Begins the third in a three colours of neurosis trilogy after Memento and Insomnia), and insanity does seem an obvious step up.

MovieMan23 -> RE: Future Batman Films (8/1/2006 10:49:12 PM)

Adrien Brody as Joker perfect choice!
Guy Pearce as DA Harvey Dent perfect choice!

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (9/1/2006 10:06:07 PM)

Guy Pierce, yes. Brody, no way should he be allowed anyway near the set. Welcome to Empire.

Wolverine1988 -> RE: Future Batman Films (10/1/2006 7:43:11 PM)

I think Brody would make a great choice as The Joker.

Long nose - Check
Ability to act insane - Check
Tall & thin - Check
Pale - Check

If he had Mark Hamill's voice though, it would be the ultimate Joker.

LostSoulz -> RE: Future Batman Films (11/1/2006 2:58:15 AM)

I'm so looking forward to the next Batman movie particularly as it features the joker, not too fussed about who plays him so long as he doesn't fuck it up, I trust the people behind this new franchise to make the right choices. The cast of Batman Begins was exceptional, I mean, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine, the Oldman and Christian Bale, what a lineup!

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (11/1/2006 5:28:47 PM)

Somebody just told me that Tim Roth has been cast as The Joker. Anyone know if that's true?

Mycroft -> RE: Future Batman Films (11/1/2006 6:34:59 PM)

Doubtful, he's not even rumoured to be in the running although there is some fan support, plus Nolan's filming The Prestige at the moment so I doubt we'll hear anything for a while. Most fan support seems to be behind Paul Bettany and Christopher Eccleston for Joker, and Crispin Glover crazily, I think he'd be awful. Adrien Brody said he'd love to play The Joker the other day, interesting idea but I don't know how intimidating he could be.

And Liev Schrieber for Two Face

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 12:29:42 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mycroft

Doubtful, he's not even rumoured to be in the running although there is some fan support, plus Nolan's filming The Prestige at the moment so I doubt we'll hear anything for a while. Most fan support seems to be behind Paul Bettany and Christopher Eccleston for Joker, and Crispin Glover crazily, I think he'd be awful. Adrien Brody said he'd love to play The Joker the other day, interesting idea but I don't know how intimidating he could be.

And Liev Schrieber for Two Face

I'm telling you Johnny C is perfect for the role. He bares such a similarity to The Joker of 'The Killing Joke.' Brody would be dire, he just wouldn't get over as a villainous comedian. Schreiber's my top pick for Two Face but as Batman Begins is partly based on The Long Halloween in which Dent is the same age as Wayne it would leave some issues in continuation.

Jack of Blades -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 12:32:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vadersville

Somebody just told me that Tim Roth has been cast as The Joker. Anyone know if that's true?

He's in the running and I'd quite like him to get it. Especially if he had hair slicked back like Mr Orange for the bit in 'The Killing Joke' where he pulls his helmet off and head back revealing The Joker in all his glory. Eccleston would kick ass as well, I would have liked to see him as Jonathan Crane as well.

Spiderwoman -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 2:54:37 PM)

[John C. McGinely as The Joker. Sarah Michelle Gellar as Catwoman. Guy Pearce (young / Liev Schreiber (old) as Harvey Dent. Brittany Murphy as Harley Quinn. ]

You are joking right?  With the Gellar and the Murphy? 

sushiandrice -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 4:20:38 PM)

Tim Roth and Michael Keaton are my choices for The Joker, I can't see many other actors balancing depth with lunacy. McGinley maybe, if he wasn't too nutso when uncalled for.

spidey55 -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 6:57:19 PM)

can't wait for Batman Begins 2, it's gonna be great

Vadersville -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 8:32:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spidey55

can't wait for Batman Begins 2, it's gonna be great

What!? He's going to start all over again! What a perfectionist....

Sorry. Boredom strikes yet another young victim.

Mycroft -> RE: Future Batman Films (12/1/2006 8:39:49 PM)

I'm hoping for more flashbacks to the past though. I head Linus Roache is back as Thomas Wayne somewhere. And more Liam Neeson [:(] Can't believe they killed him after complaining that Burton killed The Joker in Batman.

gangelf -> Reply to Captain Villa (12/1/2006 9:32:21 PM)

How did Burton destroy the Penguin image? He chose a superb actor in DeVito and did a truly fantastic job of the whole Batman era. The penguin is and always has been a 'monster'. That fact is supported by the fact that he is upper class.

Tim Burton is one of the wonderous directors of our day and did a superb job with both of his Batman films. Yes ok, The Nightmare Before Christmas wasn't a great film and The Corpse Bride could have done with a little more work but hey, even Spielberg has done some crap.

Woger -> RE: Reply to Captain Villa (13/1/2006 10:04:58 AM)

Johnny Depp and Rachel Weisz rumours
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060112c.php

Still reckon Kiefer Sutherland would be good for the Joker.

Timon -> RE: Reply to Captain Villa (13/1/2006 10:33:06 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Woger

Johnny Depp and Rachel Weisz rumours
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news06/060112c.php

Still reckon Kiefer Sutherland would be good for the Joker.

Although he's a tad too old, i'm going to throw Robin Williams into the ring!

He has that crazy humour, can do scary and creepy and has worked with Nolan before (Insomnia)

Jack of Blades -> RE: Reply to Captain Villa (13/1/2006 1:45:18 PM)

Williams will never play a Batman role because of how they fucked him about Batman (1989).

Jack of Blades -> RE: Reply to Captain Villa (13/1/2006 11:17:01 PM)

The 'Talia' rumours should be considered with some credibility considering she is mentioned on the canonical confidential files on Batman Begins Deluxe DVD.

Barefoot Doctor -> RE: Reply to Captain Villa (14/1/2006 12:53:13 PM)

I think adding Talia to the mix might overload the sequel. We know we're getting The Joker, and probably Penguin. There's also been rumours of Black Mask.

The only way I'd like Talia in it is if she remains 'undercover' for the sequel, and the viewer simply thinks she is a love interest. Then have the revelation at the end that she is Ra's Al Ghul's daughter, and then increase her storyline in the third movie.

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI