The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Timon -> The Sarah Connor Chronicles - US Speed (10/11/2005 8:27:04 AM)

From Comingsoon.net

Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines, has pacted with Warner Bros. TV and writer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds) for Fox's tentatively titled The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Fox series will focus on robo-warrior Sarah Connor and her savior son John Connor.

Variety reports that Friedman will write the pilot and serve as executive producer-showrunner of the series, which will take place in the fictional time frame between the second and third "
Terminator" features. Vajna and Kassar will serve as executive producers, with C2 senior vice president of development James Middleton also producing.

In addition, Vajna confirmed that C2 is in "the final phases of development" of a fourth "Terminator" film and that the series will have a link to what's being envisioned as a new feature trilogy.

"There will be a connection," Middleton said. Linda Hamilton is not expected to be involved in The Sarah Connor Chronicles. And because the series will be focused on the Connor family, it's not anticipated that Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger would be a regular part of the series either.

Middleton said the series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of "T2," when the character went on the run. "She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world," he said.

Friedman said his "challenge is trying to figure out how to reinterpret (Connor) for television."

Because the "Terminator" franchise involves time travel and alternate futures, Friedman believe he'll be able to take a few plot liberties in the series -- emphasis on "few."

"The last thing I want to do is take a title and exploit it," Friedman said. "The show needs to stand on its own while still being respectful of the franchise."
 Wow, if done well this could be amazing, but i can't see anyone but Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor. Also, there's the problem of getting a kid as John Connor who's not an annoying brat - Edward Furlong was great as he never once got really annoying and it was a shame than he became such a drug fuelled tosser, as i would have loved to see him return for T3  - even though it was rubbish.

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (29/8/2006 8:57:11 AM)

Well according to Variety, it's officially been greenlit. Noooo! Say good bye to one of cinema's strongest female characters. Who the hell would replace Linda Hamilton? And would the series stick to the lame demise of Sarah told to us in T3? Leukimia?! What an insult.

Warner Bros. TV has set David Nutter to direct the pilot for "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," prompting Fox Broadcasting to officially greenlight production on the "Terminator"-themed project.

Nutter, whose last 12 pilots have all been picked up to series, also will serve as executive producer. Andy Vajna and Mario Kassar's C2 Pictures, which produced the most recent "Terminator" feature, is producing with Warner Bros. TV.

Fox made a put pilot commitment to "Connor" last fall, picking up the script from executive producer Josh Friedman (War of the Worlds). Kassar and Vajna will also executive produce.

Casting on "Connor" will begin immediately, with filming expected to commence early next year in New Mexico.

Nutter -- who directed the pilots of successes such as "Smallville," "Without a Trace" and "Supernatural" -- has a connection with original "Terminator" helmer James Cameron, having directed the pilot for Cameron's Fox series "Dark Angel."

The new installment in the "Terminator" franchise revolves around Connor and her savior son, John Connor. The series will explore what happened to Sarah Connor after the end of Terminator 2: Judgment Day, when the character went on the run.

doctorolorinbats1975 -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (29/8/2006 9:33:20 AM)

A short series then, without Terminators and the onset of Leukemia.

Look, just get Cameron to bleedin conclude the saga with the humans destroying Skynet once and for all.

Phil884 -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (29/8/2006 9:28:15 PM)

"She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world,"

Eh? As far as she was concerned, at the end of T2 they'd beaten the thing. Doesn't she say in the voice over at the end of the film that for the first time she could face the future with a sense of hope or something like that? I know in T3, John Connor says that she survived leukemia long enough to ensure the world didn't end but given that T3 pissed on most of what went before it (still enjoyed it though, damn me [:)]), I just ignored that. Which is all a very roundabout way of saying that the concept for this entire series is entirely misconceived. I echo Mozza - base it between T1 and T2.

wombathog -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (30/8/2006 11:05:21 AM)

Maybe setting it after T2 will explain what the fuck happened to make T3 so bloody average (great action film but after the first two it was severly lacking quality).

Dirty Hartigan -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (2/9/2006 7:05:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

A short series then, without Terminators and the onset of Leukemia.

Look, just get Cameron to bleedin conclude the saga with the humans destroying Skynet once and for all.

Cameron did that in T2, doc, and there's no way he'd return to the franchise now.

Anyways, regards the series, Friedman wouldn't have taken on the job unless he could do something with it, one would think, so I'll not pass judgement on this one. Yet.

Underscore -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (3/9/2006 11:29:57 AM)

Like Star Wars, the Terminator films are one of cinemas properties which I imagined would be awful on the small screen. It's about the big effects, the stars, the epic scale, all of which are non transferable to the small screen due to budget constraints

I'll see what it's like when it airs, but I can't see it being immense or anything of what we're used to seeing when we think of the word 'Terminator'.

fireboy -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (3/9/2006 2:24:40 PM)

There seems to be a lot of assumptions that there will be no terminators in the show, but no words have been said by the producers on this lack. So there could, and should be.

Ok, so they may have to walk all over T3 like it never existed, but so what. Who wanted that T3 anyway.

There is so much they could do with this.

Get the robots in!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Phil884

"She has the weight of the world on her shoulder and she also has to raise a 14-year-old son who may be the salvation of the world,"

Eh? As far as she was concerned, at the end of T2 they'd beaten the thing. Doesn't she say in the voice over at the end of the film that for the first time she could face the future with a sense of hope or something like that?........ I echo Mozza - base it between T1 and T2.

I think after T2 is an excellent place to start. Sarahs mindset and sense of hope seems something of a parallel to the T1/T2 change. At the beginning of the series, she's relaxed and happy - the world is saved, after all. But as the series progresses, the threat re-emerges and she becomes more war-like again.

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (8/11/2006 8:55:13 AM)

Sarah Connor has been cast!

Lena Headey (Imagine Me & You) has landed the plum leading role in the Fox pilot "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," reports Variety.

The project, from Warner Bros. TV, continues the "Terminator" movie franchise storyline by focusing on Sarah and her 15-year-old son John, as they fight attackers from the future in present-day Los Angeles.

Headey takes over the role made famous by Linda Hamilton in the first two "Terminator" films. Josh Friedman will write and David Nutter is set to direct the pilot.

Headey's credits include the features The Brothers Grimm, The Cave and Ripley's Game. She next stars in Warner Bros.' 300.

As much as i really think this series is a bad idea, I have to say i'm impressed with the casting. Miss Headey is a very impressive actress and I can easily see her as Sarah. Whether the show's concept and script matches its casting is another thing.

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 8:30:49 AM)

John Connor cast.

Thomas Dekker is set to play John Connor in Fox's drama pilot "The Sarah Connor Chronicles," from WBTV and C2, the company of Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines producers Mario Kassar and Andrew Vajna.

Written by Josh Friedman, the project takes place after the events depicted in Terminator 2: Judgment Day and follows Sarah Connor (Lena Headey), a modern warrior and loving single mom to 15-year-old son John (Dekker).

Dekker recurs on NBC's hit new drama "Heroes" as Zach, Claire's (Hayden Panettiere) friend and confidant.

He also had a recurring role on "7th Heaven" and recently guest starred on Fox's "House" and CBS' "Shark."

Peter Dragon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 2:32:55 PM)

[image]http://www.starmania.com/ThomasDekker/images/Thimas904.jpg[/image]

Jesus wept.[:(]

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 2:43:40 PM)

Behold the saviour of humanity!

(sobs gently to himself)

We're all doomed.

Barefoot Doctor -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 3:04:24 PM)

Been watching him on Heroes, he's a good enough actor. Wonder who they'll cast as the teenage Terminator?

Peter Dragon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 3:13:21 PM)

Looks like the type of guy that would scream "Not the face! Not the faaaace![:(]" if confronted by a Terminator.

You know what, Emile Hirsch would have been perfect for this.
[image]http://images2.alloy.com/images/195x284/emile_hirsch_new.jpg[/image]

Joedini -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (7/12/2006 9:06:40 PM)

i'm looking forward to this, even though I know that I really shouldn't be. You never know, it could surprise us and become our new favouritr show, or..... (thinks of the Blade tv show) [;)]

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (10/2/2007 6:05:27 PM)

Is Summer Glau (Firefly) the new Terminator?! IGN seems to think so.

Yesterday we spoke to Summer Glau for an interview for IGN TV that will be appearing on our site early next week. The actress, currently appearing on The Unit and best known for her role as River Tam in Joss Whedon's Firefly and its film sequel Serenity apologized for being, "a little bit blurry," noting that she was in the midst of shooting a pilot and had been up until five or six in the morning shooting that morning. "But it was fun! We were doing fun stuff," she added, saying, "I'm really excited about it. I think it's going to be awesome. I'm having a wonderful time."

When we pressed for details on what the pilot was, Glau replied, "Well, I'm not supposed to say yet. It's supposed to be a surprise. But it's killing me, because they've announced some of the other characters, but I'm not supposed to say. My character is a surprise." However, she did tell us the pilot was for FOX.

Immediately we couldn't help think that she was likely referring to The Sarah Connor Chronicles. The Terminator spinoff was set to shoot about now, and the mentions Glau made of working on a FOX pilot with action elements fit the bill.

Well as it turns out, we've discovered that last week Variety did indeed note, in the midst of a pilot update piece, that Glau is part of the cast of The Sarah Connor Chronicles, so what project she is working on can be laid to rest. However, this begs the question of what character she is playing, and why the need for secrecy, when they've announced other actors and the characters they play, such as Thomas Dekker as John Connor and Lena Headey in the title role as Sarah.

Given Glau's very impressive background doing fight scenes, and the fact that she played something of a programmed killer in Serenity, our minds have started to wander… and we can't help think, what would a Sarah Connor story be, without a Terminator in the midst? This is just our speculation mind you, and Glau could be playing any number of characters the Connor family encounters. Assuming The Sarah Connor Chronicles is picked up, we will hopefully find out the secret of Glau's role in the coming months.

So wrong in oh so many ways.

EVILSPEAK -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (10/2/2007 7:19:17 PM)

It'll suck just as much as the tv series of Blade did.

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (4/3/2007 9:52:02 PM)

SCI FI Wire caught up with 300 star Lena Headey, who talked more about playing the title character in the upcoming Fox pilot, "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Headey revealed that the show will begin with a confrontation between Headey's title character; her son, John Connor ("Heroes'" Thomas Dekker); and two new Terminators: a female
model, played by "Serenity's" Summer Glau, and a male one, which she called Cromartie, played by Owain Yeoman. One is good and one is bad; she didn't say which is which. Glau's character is named Cameron, an apparent nod to "Terminator" franchise creator James Cameron

Ok, let's get something straight. I never liked the idea of a female Terminator. I know they're meant to be 'infiltration units' but generally they're not that scary. The T-800s and the T-1000's were scary but the T-X just looked....well.........flimsy.

This Owain Yeoman though, he's a big fucker.

[image]http://www.abcmedianet.com/showcontent/primetime/thenine/thenine_i/yeoman.jpg[/image]

Reminds me of the Terminator you see in Kyle Reese's flashback in the first Terminator film played by Franco Columbu. Terminators should look like that. Big men that can take out bunkers of people, not Summer Glau............who'll probably be the evil one.

The Mighty -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (4/3/2007 10:43:01 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

SCI FI Wire caught up with 300 star Lena Headey, who talked more about playing the title character in the upcoming Fox pilot, "The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Headey revealed that the show will begin with a confrontation between Headey's title character; her son, John Connor ("Heroes'" Thomas Dekker); and two new Terminators: a female
model, played by "Serenity's" Summer Glau, and a male one, which she called Cromartie, played by Owain Yeoman. One is good and one is bad; she didn't say which is which. Glau's character is named Cameron, an apparent nod to "Terminator" franchise creator James Cameron

Ok, let's get something straight. I never liked the idea of a female Terminator. I know they're meant to be 'infiltration units' but generally they're not that scary. The T-800s and the T-1000's were scary but the T-X just looked....well.........flimsy.

This Owain Yeoman though, he's a big fucker.

[image]http://www.abcmedianet.com/showcontent/primetime/thenine/thenine_i/yeoman.jpg[/image]

Reminds me of the Terminator you see in Kyle Reese's flashback in the first Terminator film played by Franco Columbu. Terminators should look like that. Big men that can take out bunkers of people, not Summer Glau............who'll probably be the evil one.

Isn't that the British guy from Kitchen Confidential?

Dave B -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (5/3/2007 1:13:49 AM)

Summer Glau kicked ass in Serenity, so while she may not be scary, she will be believeable in the role at least.

Grunny -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (5/3/2007 12:36:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Dragon

[image]http://www.starmania.com/ThomasDekker/images/Thimas904.jpg[/image]

Jesus wept.[:(]

He dosn't really look like that anymore, well he dosn't in Heores. I think he will make a good John and Summer is smoking hot! I hope this show will be good, but it has a high chance of sucking ass

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (6/3/2007 11:18:46 AM)

Terminators don't do kung fu or split kicking so how will she be believable in the whole? She may be experienced at action scenes but that doesn't mean she fits the bill.

Dave B -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (6/3/2007 4:28:57 PM)

She seems very machine like in the fight scene's in Serenity. Obviously they will do something different for this series but at least we know she's a believable fighter. Not really bothered by this series anyway.

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (13/4/2007 4:33:54 PM)

[image]http://www.terminators.ch/gallery/images/5_2.jpg[/image]

Timon -> RE: The Sarah Connor Chronicles (15/4/2007 6:59:56 PM)

Ah. Didn't realise the picture wasn't showing. All fixed now.
[image]http://www.terminators.ch/inc/_templates_/standard/serien/chronicles/images/chronicles.jpg[/image]

Timon -> RE: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Footage (20/5/2007 12:43:31 PM)

First footage!

Ummmmmm............... still don't see Summer Glau as a Terminator.

Mikey C -> RE: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Footage (20/5/2007 12:52:01 PM)

I am about 95% sure that this series will be awful.

Zaphod121 -> RE: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Footage (20/5/2007 12:57:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Timon

First footage!

Ummmmmm............... still don't see Summer Glau as a Terminator.

waht are you talking about? You could clearly see she was, oh and I thought it looked ok

Rgirvan44 -> RE: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Footage (20/5/2007 12:59:19 PM)

Looks like Fox will be sacking yet another Firefly actor in the coming months.

That looks awful.

James2183 -> RE: Sarah Connor Chronicles - Footage (20/5/2007 1:00:10 PM)

Surely we lose any tension the show would have due to the fact we know the outcomes of the Connor's due to Terminator 3?

Or is this one of those alternate timeline series?

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI