Verhoeven Talks Jesus (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Verhoeven Talks Jesus (1/12/2006 6:36:39 PM)

Post your comments on this article

patcurley81 -> The Total Recall of the Christ anybody? (1/12/2006 6:36:40 PM)

It could work!

CameronJames -> (1/12/2006 6:50:36 PM)

All of your Jesus are belong to us

billythehick -> (1/12/2006 9:25:22 PM)

the sex scene with mary magdalene will probably take place in harem next to a vasaline factory. but do we really need another jesus movie? there's two out in the last year!

doctorolorinbats1975 -> (2/12/2006 9:44:10 AM)

An atheist look at Jesus: well as long as he's still preaching to love the "Lord with all your heart... love thy neighbour as much as thyself... and thy enemies" it'll be ok.

Chaos Engine -> (2/12/2006 3:48:16 PM)

if it doesn't involve cyborgs, strippers & big fuck off alien insects than really im not interested. any chance?

Severen -> Holy Shit (2/12/2006 10:39:29 PM)

Verhoevern doing religion !! Mwhoahhhh haahh haaah !! Can't wait to see the Lord Jesus Christ shoving a twenty down a birdz-gstring whilst blowing some alien mutha-fucka's head off while some high school bints wave their titties about in a 21st Century shower room. It doesn't get much better than this.

FILMBUFF84 -> Even "big" hollywood director's can be ignorant or lack common sense (3/12/2006 10:23:18 PM)

I can guarantee you that Verhoeven has never read the Scripture regarding Jesus praying in Golgotha, and if he did he clearly is not that bright and lacks "common sense." If you really read the verse you will know that Jesus woke up and told "those who were sleeping" to wake up and he asked them how could they sleep at a time like this! He told them what happened and after they reported what transpired. Common freaking sense people! Just the other day my sister woke me up and told me something that just happened while I was sleeping. The next day I told my friend what had happened, but how could I when I was sleeping!!! Oh, sorry I forgot...my sister woke me up and told me. Common sense!!!!

SuperTONES -> Verhoven should stick to selling cars (4/12/2006 7:04:10 AM)

Seriously even a DODGY Jesus Movie - and this will be - doesnt deserve to be made by this KOOK. Even his attempted cash cow movies that he has made were useless, and you cant be more desparate a filmaker than that, Sex and Alien Voilence and O more sex, and a ittle bit of sex. And NOW he is the self designated person to prove over 2 billion people are wrong and do what no one else has ever managed to do and prove the Bible wrong. I never thought the was very bright, and no he has confirmed it. What a BUMHOLE

MrkyMrk -> (4/12/2006 12:43:10 PM)

"And NOW he is the self designated person to prove over 2 billion people are wrong"
Well, someone's gotta do it...

DGE Fuller -> (4/12/2006 1:49:09 PM)

Perhaps he can wait until the end of Arnie's term as governor. And get kyle Machlachlan as Herod. "Curse you Jesus! This is my town, and nobody but nobody tells nobody nothing but me." and other illogical script gems.

yamo -> (4/12/2006 5:48:52 PM)

Good to see Verhoven is back,the guy makes class movies........shame about Showgirls tho.

mancalledpete -> Showgirls 2? (5/12/2006 11:53:53 AM)

...nothing wrong with Showgirls... I thought the deep plot, political undertone & quality acting warrent a sequel... I want to see Verhoven do this before a Jesus movie................. here stands the man who launched Elizabeth Berkleys Hollywood busting career. Amen.

ATasteofMint -> More mistakes already (6/12/2006 12:30:02 AM)

FilmBuff84 has a point.  However, Mr. Verhoeven discredits himself even more then is mentioned.  Golgotha is not the place where Jesus prayed to God and his disciples fell asleep.  Golgatha, also known as "The Place of the Skull," is the place where Jesus was lead and cruxified.  The instance Mr. Verhoeven mentions actually takes place at Gethsemane.  Before he decides to rebuke scripture, maybe he should study it so he knows what he's talking about.

unhingedmoviepigeon -> RE: (19/12/2006 10:43:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: doctorolorinbats1975

An atheist look at Jesus: well as long as he's still preaching to love the "Lord with all your heart... love thy neighbour as much as thyself... and thy enemies" it'll be ok.

RoboJesus! Half machine, half Son Of God! Cool.........

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.100586E-02