Preacher (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Preacher (30/11/2006 10:21:38 AM)

Post your comments on this article

mayfairman -> Cant Wait (30/11/2006 5:15:28 PM)

I'm guessing this is the preacher comic books we are talking about, if not, ignore my vote, if it is, im queing now, should be sweet.

Flembot -> RE: Cant Wait (13/12/2006 1:02:25 AM)

I thought this was going to be made into a TV series not a movie? If so hopefully a network with balls (HBO please), can't see it airing in the Smallville slot.

unhingedmoviepigeon -> RE: Cant Wait (13/12/2006 10:52:31 AM)

Yeah I belive HBO are going to turn the great graphic novel into a television series! I really hope they cast it right. Should be good.

Titanm21 -> RE: Cant Wait (14/12/2006 1:40:57 PM)

If it's going to be a movie than it'll be balls... If a TV series then average cause there is noway they'll make it like the comics.

Preacher is the best Grahic Novel I've ever read, It spunks all over Watchmen![X(]

Flembot -> RE: Cant Wait (14/12/2006 10:14:15 PM)

It's a fun comic but I have to disagree with the Watchmen comment. Preacher just doesn't have the layers that Watchmen has.

Floater -> RE: Cant Wait (15/12/2006 6:14:37 PM)

Been a fan of Preacher for ages, would be great to see it on the screen, but it all rests so highly on the cast. And they couldn't wuss out on the ultra-violence either, which usually happens to get teenage bums on seats.

furrybastard -> RE: Cant Wait (15/12/2006 7:36:00 PM)

Strange. Preacher is being adapted into a TV show for HBO. Why it is listed on Empire now, I have no idea [&:]

unhingedmoviepigeon -> RE: Cant Wait (22/1/2007 10:31:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

If it's going to be a movie than it'll be balls... If a TV series then average cause there is noway they'll make it like the comics.

Preacher is the best Grahic Novel I've ever read, It spunks all over Watchmen![X(]

Your soooo wrong! Watchmen is better than the Preacher but both are amazing.

Titanm21 -> RE: Cant Wait (22/1/2007 12:40:56 PM)

News just in today that preacher will be on HBO and will "hopefully" run for 5 to 6 seasons.

Titanm21 -> RE: Cant Wait (22/1/2007 12:42:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: unhingedmoviepigeon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Titanm21

Your soooo wrong! Watchmen is better than the Preacher but both are amazing.

I suppose it's down to the induvidual but I like Preacher better. Watchmen lacked something for me.

lukeyboy -> RE: Preacher (30/1/2007 3:36:39 PM)

MSJ doing a HBO series of the Preacher is fucking great news...if a little old. And if your using the likes of Deadwood as a template for what you can get away with in terms of sex, violence and language, ...then my hopes for this are high!

Cast:
Jesse Custer - Matthew Mcconaughey
Tulip - Scarlet Johannsen
Cassidey - Robert Carslyle
The Saint of Killers - Nick Nolte

Not sure about Herr Starr,........Any thoughts????

Oh,.....and so different to Watchmen, dont even try to make comparisons. Watchmen is a masterpiece and possibly the "definitive" graphic novel,...but personally i prefer Preacher!

komic book guy -> sounds good (10/11/2008 11:15:50 AM)

sounds good but i doubt that farrell will do this movie as EMPIRE said its a third banana role

still never thaught terence howard would do Rhodes in iron man

Hamsterwalt -> Yes (22/1/2009 8:40:47 PM)

Tim Curry or Micheal Keaton as Cassidy,Josh Brolin as Custer and Reese witherspoon as tulip

dannyfletch -> Hope they do it right! (31/3/2009 4:25:50 PM)

Brilliant graphic novels, lets hope they make this one right. Josh Brolin or maybe even Johnny Depp as custer, Nick Nolte as the Saint of Killers, Reese Witherspoon as Tulip, Robert Downy Jr as cassidy . Maybe Kevin Spacey as Herr Starr. As for comparing this to Watchmen, they are completely different and both very good in their own ways.

woozuk79 -> Tense about this (22/12/2009 1:54:49 PM)

God, I hope it's not rubbish. Are they going to make a series of 9 films? I can't imagine that working - surely people will lose interest after the first 3 or 4? And whoever plays Jesse is going to have to be pretty fucking spectacular to hold it together. Soooo many things could go wrong...

FutureKazekage -> Could be amazing... (20/6/2010 11:43:34 AM)

Who would I cast? Nathan Fillion - Custer, Emma Caulfield - Tulip, Rhys Ifans - Cassidy, Mickey Rourke - Saint of Killers, Kurt Russell - Herr Starr

DeppBurtonAlliance -> Hell Yeah (30/7/2010 8:21:32 PM)

Joseph Gordon Levitt as Custer, Nicki Aycox as Tulip, Colin Farrell as Cassidy, Mickey Rourke as Saint of Killers, Ralph Fiennes as Starr, Frankie Muniz as Arseface... Billy Connolly as God

blaud -> COME ON! (22/3/2011 4:15:52 PM)

I seriously cannot wait for this. Last I heard it was stuck in production, they better pick it up and get to work, like, right fuckin' now! I really hope they do the masterpiece of a graphic novel justice.

blaud -> Oh Dear... (6/4/2011 11:06:55 PM)

I heard quite recently that DJ Caruso (Discturbia) has been attached to this project. If he fucks up the movie of my favourite comic book ever, I will kill him. I mean, actually kill him. Sam Mendes was the perfect choice, why on earth did he drop out? Smart, considered, and, bizarrely very spiritual filmmaking. In other words, perfect for this project. What does Caruso know? He knows how to rip off Hitchcok. Badly.

Betafett -> One suggestion: (8/4/2011 10:12:41 PM)

please, please, please let them cast Clancy Brown as Saint of Killers.... nobody, maybe apart from Eastwood, is more suited to the role!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI