An American Werewolf in London (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> An American Werewolf in London (8/11/2005 10:32:29 AM)

Post your comments on this article

bass88 -> (31/3/2006 2:28:33 PM)

Bizzare film but great. The Morph scene is one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. A lovely little pisstake on English tabloids and a surreal Wolf Terrorist sequence make this perfik!

humanmachine -> what a film (3/4/2006 3:39:58 PM)

what a film i must say, filled with humour and even a few jumps here and there, brilliant acting to go with it, when i first saw it I rewinded the tape and watched it again. This film is going to be around for a long time im sure of it, John Landis is a genious

PaulJohn -> Blending Horror and comedy perfectly!!! (1/5/2006 12:25:25 AM)

Snappy one liners, both genuinely scary and funny at the same time and it has the best werewolf transformation scene in film history.

A great film all round.

bobbyperu -> (23/10/2007 5:54:09 PM)

you made me miss.

bobbyperu -> (23/10/2007 5:54:09 PM)

you made me miss.

moviemaniac2 -> American werewolf (24/12/2007 5:10:32 PM)

best horror film of all time

!xHoTRoDx! -> One of my favourite horrors and, strangely, one of my favourite comedies (14/5/2010 7:34:06 PM)

Along with 'Leon' and 'In Bruges', this is one of those very unique classics that manages to strike a range of emotions from the viewer. I watched this when I was around six or seven and it scared the utter shit out of me and some scenes and set-pieces inspired multiple bad dreams (particularly the underground train terminal scene). In fact it scared me so damn shitless that I deliberately wrecked the tape. However when I saw it just recently I was shitting myself laughing, now that I've developed my extremely sick sense of humour. Anyway, this film is indescribeably genius and unmissable and I fully recommend this to any and every person out there.

JimBill93 -> (18/4/2011 5:47:41 PM)

I began watching this film not knowing quite what to expect. I'd been told it was a horror-comedy, but had no idea that it would become one of my favourite films. I love the sharp switches from horror to comedy. Some times the atmosphere is completely and utterly terrifying, then this is contrasted with 'Shaun of the Dead'-like witty comedy. I would thoroughly recommend this film it'll make you pee yourself laughing at points and shit yourself scared immediately after.

blaud -> Maybe The Best Werewolf Movie Of All Time? (22/12/2011 5:10:25 AM)

A tentative coupling of a creature feature horror and a darkly humorous comedy is the main meat of this inspired little shocker, and that is, for the most part, a good thing. Some of the effects and sequences in this film are fantastic, and the story has a very fun urban legend feel to it- even if it descends somewhat awkwardly into urban romance drama in the final reel. All of the core elements to American Werewolf are good in their own right, but the combination of dream sequences and constant surrealist visions sometimes makes the piece feel less of a movie and rather an awkwardly thrown-together tapestry of scary ideas. This is, however, a fairly small complaint, as this is an extremely entertaining horror flick, with a very memorable lead character who transforms into an even more memorable monster.

robmarathon -> It is a great film for cheap thrills (6/8/2012 3:01:54 AM)

I thought it was a pretty good film overall with some interesting moments

movienut707 -> "Have you tried talking to a corpse? It's boring." (2/10/2013 4:40:08 AM)

Fun, scary and often hilarious, An American Werewolf In London is a horror-comedy with bite. Director John Landis' true genius is in how he takes a comparatively flippant tone with a subject and, ultimately, ends up saying something profound. If you look deep enough, beneath the makeup and beyond the laughs, you'll find this film has a soul.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI