Lost - Sky One Thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen

Merly -> Lost - Sky One Thread (10/11/2006 7:11:55 PM)

So good old Sky One have bought 2 series of Lost and it starts this month.

Whooppeeeeeee. Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us that don't download episodes from America. [:D]

Happy erm.....camping.

Grunny -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (10/11/2006 8:00:15 PM)

I've gone off lost, I loved season 1 but season 2 got really boring, and it annoys me how random new people who have never be seen before suddenly pop up, But gutted channel 4 that SKY one coughed uo the dough for Season 3 and 4!

BullRing -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (10/11/2006 10:11:35 PM)

This will be the 2nd time that one of my fave terrestrial shows has been half-inched by Sky One (They did it with 24 series 3 onwards) but at least I know that it will run to the end as if it had stayed with C4, there was the very real possibilty that it would have been cancelled (less than 2 million viewers works on Satellite but terrestrial can't work on those figures). So in a way I'm glad they picked it up. Like most folks I've a few of the earlier eps Tv spots from ABC so I know I'm looking forward to something worth my time.

For those that have given up or are thinking of giving up I just think they should wait a little while longer. If series 3 doesn't pick up then at least you can say you gave it a chance. This is the TV equivilent of a slow-burner.

demondemon -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (11/11/2006 1:01:23 PM)

i'm not sure why s2 wasnt as good. maybe we just expected too much, maybe it was pretty predictable as to how the season would end. everyone said the ending was great but i felt totally let down. it was just an overlong desmond episode. for me, i liked it all except 2 things. charlie went he went bonkers and whacked sun. and michael shooting the 2 girls. both seems totally out of character and unbelievable.

demondemon -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (11/11/2006 1:05:29 PM)

yeah it does annoy me how you just know that in season 3 you'll see some new characters pop up just to fill the ones who left. wasnt there originally about 40 survivors? yet nobody other than the 15 or so even know about what theyre up to. do they think theyre some sort of elite? have the other people just been sat on the beach for 2 months?

Zaphod121 -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (11/11/2006 1:20:55 PM)

S2 was ok, I didnt love it though, but I think Lost is the kind of show that is better if you watch it in chuncks instead of once a week. I'm not waiting on the edge of my seat, but I'll probaly watch S3 anyways.

demondemon -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (11/11/2006 2:09:52 PM)

yeah you need to watch 2 or more episodes a day. one a week is no good. and the constant ad breaks really break up the enjoyment of the show.

Brock -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (12/11/2006 4:20:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: demondemon

yeah you need to watch 2 or more episodes a day. one a week is no good. and the constant ad breaks really break up the enjoyment of the show.

Its a shame then that the move from Channel 4 to Sky will, almost certainly, make the constant ad break problem worse and not better.

Ell -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (12/11/2006 4:25:09 PM)

I've been one of the many that have been following Season 3 of Lost via the download. But now its come to a major break until February, and the series will start airing over here on November 19th, doesn't that mean we will be ahead of the US schedule?

Merly -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (12/11/2006 5:20:40 PM)

Unless we have a major christmas break too then we should be on a par with the states. Oh yeah and I started this thread for people who like the show and may have been excited that we have it so soon and don't have to wait a ridiculously long time for C4 to show it. I thought it might be possible that there are some folk out there who don't download that like the show and are looking forward to it. How wrong can a girl be.

demondemon -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (12/11/2006 5:54:33 PM)

i think we'll see 4 or 5 episodes then at xmas theyll be hyping it on sky for a return around march. theres no way they can show it every week and be ahead of US. though that would make my day. go on IMDB and spoil it all for those bastards. the channel 4 ad breaks were worse because of the bloody 118 ads. and how they always spoil part of the episode before it starts. would make sense to repeat 1 and 2 on sky2 during that break.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (12/11/2006 9:19:11 PM)

We can't be ahead of the US, the rest of the season has been made yet and Sky can't show seasons 1 and 2, channel 4 still have repeat rights, especially of the second season. We'll have a break and the Sunday after the Wednesday they show the new ep in the US in Feb, we'll get it on Sky so we won't be weeks behind. They show new Simpsons days after they are shown on US telly, I don't see why it can't happen with Lost too. Especially if the rest of the season is being shown break-free over there.

hyde -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 1:38:15 PM)

I'm looking forward to this. Does it start this weekend, the 19th?

Does anyone know what time it starts? Hoping it doesn't clash with the Sopranos @ 10.

Shifty Bench -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 1:48:44 PM)

Its a double bill this Sunday, 10pm then the next ep is at 11pm. It is also going to be on Multi-start if you press the red button. It'll no doubt be repeated on Sky Two during the week though.

Merly -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 1:49:24 PM)

Yeah it will clash I'm afraid. It's on sky one at 10pm next sunday.

jediwarrior -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 1:50:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hyde

I'm looking forward to this. Does it start this weekend, the 19th?

Does anyone know what time it starts? Hoping it doesn't clash with the Sopranos @ 10.

It does the first two episode are this Sunday starting at 10pm. I was hoping that it would not be on a Sunday as I watch the American Football on Sunday Nights.

Regarding Breaks we might have a couple of weeks break over xmas but I remember with Buffy that we use to get the Episode late in the season about a week after it was shown in the US so the same thing might well happen with Lost

Peppermint -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 1:54:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Merly

Unless we have a major christmas break too then we should be on a par with the states. Oh yeah and I started this thread for people who like the show and may have been excited that we have it so soon and don't have to wait a ridiculously long time for C4 to show it. I thought it might be possible that there are some folk out there who don't download that like the show and are looking forward to it. How wrong can a girl be.

You weren't wrong and I was going to do a thread on it if you hadn't beaten me to it [:D]

I happen to think it's a good idea to have a thread where those of us that don't download can discuss it.

Merly -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:03:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peppermint

quote:

You weren't wrong and I was going to do a thread on it if you hadn't beaten me to it [:D]

I happen to think it's a good idea to have a thread where those of us that don't download can discuss it.

Cheers pep. I just read the first few posts and everyone was moaning about how they were getting bored with it and I just thought well don't read the sodding threads about it then. [:D] I'm excited about it anyway although I have seen the first episode. It's all very tense stuff [:)]

Base -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:06:58 PM)

What's the red button multi-start thingy (I've had Sky 3 days, haven't played much with the features yet, I got distracted by the amount of por... er, um, episodes of Friends!  Yeah, that's right!!! [sm=whistle.gif])???

Peppermint -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:16:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Base

What's the red button multi-start thingy (I've had Sky 3 days, haven't played much with the features yet, I got distracted by the amount of por... er, um, episodes of Friends!  Yeah, that's right!!! [sm=whistle.gif])???

Apparently on Sunday night you can decide what time you want to watch it by pressing the red button on your remote, which is good cos it clashes with Torchwood.

Base -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:32:21 PM)

Cool (although a quick scan of the listings seems to show that Torchwood is actually repeated more than Friends, a feat I previously thought impossible, but hey ho [;)])

Was the recap of the first couple of years worth watching (I think it is on again next week)???  Any new scenes chucked in??

tbird -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:34:19 PM)

I've got a friend at work who's promised to tape it every week for me so I don't miss out.

Damn you Sky One!!

Peppermint -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:38:35 PM)

quote:

Cool (although a quick scan of the listings seems to show that Torchwood is actually repeated more than Friends, a feat I previously thought impossible, but hey ho [;)])

Was the recap of the first couple of years worth watching (I think it is on again next week)???  Any new scenes chucked in??

I don't know if there are any new scenes, sorry.  I'd say it's worth watching, but it seems as though I'm one of the few people that still likes it [:D]

Base -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 2:45:44 PM)

I still like it, dipped a bit in the middle of season 2 but soon picked up again.  After the end of season 2 I can't wait for this Sunday, and tho I'm glad I'm seeing it sooner than if on 4, I'm still a bit p!$$ed at Sky getting it (I was planning of getting it anyway tho)...

Merly -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 3:40:14 PM)

quote:

quote:

Apparently on Sunday night you can decide what time you want to watch it by pressing the red button on your remote, which is good cos it clashes with Torchwood.

They did this a while ago with 24 when the World Cup was on. It's a really cool idea. It starts every half hour I think so you can choose when you want to view. [:)]

demondemon -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 6:39:12 PM)

it makes sense though. so many people download it that sky will get alot more viewers if the episodes are straight after the usa ones. it's all been a bit soon. after season 1 i was gagging to find out what happened next but this time i'm not that arsed really.

Moonpixie -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (13/11/2006 7:07:10 PM)

As far as I'm aware, it's also being repeated on a Wednesday at 10pm (on Sky One).

jediwarrior -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (14/11/2006 9:22:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Moonpixie

As far as I'm aware, it's also being repeated on a Wednesday at 10pm (on Sky One).

Brought my TV guide for next week and it says Lost is repeated on Sky 2 on Friday's at 9pm as well as wednesday

Pinkvelvet -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (14/11/2006 9:30:37 AM)

quote:

quote:

Me too!

I'm eagerly awaiting this on Sunday, I shall be a regular contributor to this thread.

Happy_Feet -> RE: Lost Season 3 - Sky one Thread (14/11/2006 2:01:11 PM)

Stupid annoying Sky! I think I must be one of the very few not to have sky left in the contry so I was really gutted that I couldn't watch it. But now my Best Lost mate is getting sky on friday! woohoo.

Tho I have seen the first ep. It is looking good! Can't wait to see more. Oh and Thank u, I've jsut realised why they go on a long break not even mid season. [:D]

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI