Register  |   Log In  |
Sign up to our weekly newsletter
Search
Empire Magazine and iPad
Follow Me on Pinterest YouTube Tumblr
Empire
Trending On Empire
100 Greatest Videos Games Of All Time
Robin Williams: The Big Interview
Empire Visits The Hobbit's VFX Team
Nick Frost:
My Movie Life

The World's End star's pick of the flicks
4Music's Size Does Matter
Introducing your new favourite app
Empire's Review Of The year 2013 CLICK FOR MORE REVIEW OF THE YEAR 2013 FEATURES ›
The Best Movie Quotes Of 2013
Words to live by from this year's films

submit to reddit

The perfectly-crafted movie bon mot is a thing of beauty and a joy for ever. If it can be adapted to situations in your own life, all the better. Here we assemble the lines that have been ringing around the Empire office all year, or which we think are particularly well-crafted.

Got a favourite? Add your own candidates in the comments below…

WORDS HELEN O'HARA
  1 of 1

"Plan B? We need a plan C, D, E. We need more alphabets!"

FAST & FURIOUS 6

"DO YOUR FUCKING JOBS. BRING ME PEOPLE TO KILL."
ZERO DARK THIRTY

"It does not surprise me that the Devil is an Irishman."
A FIELD IN ENGLAND

"YOU CAN'T KILL HITLER OR SHAG HELEN OF TROY."
ABOUT TIME

"I HATE SPACE."
GRAVITY

"Are you an effective team?"
OBLIVION

"Why don't you climb back into your rocket and fuck off back to Legoland, you cunt!"

THE WORLD'S END

"By the hymen of Olivia Newton John!"
ANCHORMAN 2: THE LEGEND CONTINUES

"You may call me Hitch. Hold the Cock."
HITCHCOCK

"TODAY, WE ARE CANCELLING THE APOCALYPSE!"
PACIFIC RIM

"Why don't you and I play a game of 'Fuck Off'. You go first."
OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN

"I'LL PAY YOU... IN NEVERUARY!"
BROKEN CITY

"Buzzard's guts, man! I am the President of the United States of America, clothed in immense power! You will procure me these votes."

LINCOLN

"First rule of magic: always be the smartest person in the room."
NOW YOU SEE ME

"Don't be creepy, don't be creepy, don't be creepy."
WARM BODIES

"Mother Nature is a serial killer."
WORLD WAR Z

"You are the fucking mayor of Crazytown, do you know that? You are!"
BEFORE MIDNIGHT

"I like the way you die, boy."

DJANGO UNCHAINED

"A wise man can learn more from his enemies than a fool from his friends."
RUSH

"'WARMACHINEROX' with an X, all caps."
IRON MAN 3

"I'M CHILLIN' WITH MY GUAC FROM MY CHIP HAT"
DESPICABLE ME 2

"If you ride like lightning, you're gonna crash like thunder"
THE PLACE BEYOND THE PINES

"Go fuck yourself, pretty boy!"

THE WOLVERINE

"There is nothing more reassuring than knowing that the world is crazier than you are."

THOR: THE DARK WORLD

1 of 1

Have Your Say
Register or login now to let us know what you think.

Your Comments

1 TA-DAHHHH ..... (Thor: The Dark World)
Best line of 2013? When Loki manages to manouvre their ship into the Dark World with the greatly timed 'Ta-Dahhhh', especially after Thor has just asked him is he's mad. More

Posted by estella_sanchez on Friday December 27, 2013, 12:45

2 From Pacific Rim
One, don't you ever touch me again. Two, don't you ever touch me again. More

Posted by sagart on Sunday December 15, 2013, 01:07

"Do you hear the people sing, singing the songs of angry men, it's the songs of the people who shall never be saves again" should be on here. More

Posted by Dalekbuster523 on Saturday December 14, 2013, 20:35

"how did you know the car would break our fall?" !!(or words to that effect!) - fast+furious 6 More

Posted by simonwalk104 on Thursday December 12, 2013, 17:40

Two from Blue Jasmine: 'Anxiety, nightmares and a nervous breakdown, there’s only so many traumas a person can withstand until they take to the streets and start screaming.' 'You choose losers because that's what you think you deserve and that's why you'll never have a better life.' More

Posted by #amazing on Thursday December 12, 2013, 00:20

The unholy hellish retch of the guy from The Act of Killing. I quote that one endlessly. More

Posted by #amazing on Thursday December 12, 2013, 00:14

'OREO! OREEE-O!' More

Posted by #amazing on Thursday December 12, 2013, 00:13

8 Best line!
"never trust a Vulcan" More

Posted by TanyaN on Wednesday December 11, 2013, 12:39

9 No one ever remembers the best one!
G.I. Joe: Retaliation- "You know, they call it a waterboard... but I never get bored!" More

Posted by xzynomorpher on Tuesday December 10, 2013, 16:59

10 Only God Forgives
an entertainer ? and how many cocks can you entertain with that little cum dumpster of yours More

Posted by bill the butcher on Tuesday December 10, 2013, 16:02

Wanna Fight! More

Posted by themaddogmax on Tuesday December 10, 2013, 15:21

12 Only God Forgives
This movie had a few zingers. More

Posted by carnine125 on Tuesday December 10, 2013, 03:40

13 Don't be "gauche"
The shortened form of "guacamole" is "guac", not "gauc". More

Posted by balkaster on Monday December 9, 2013, 23:09

14 Between two apocalypses
I think my favorite line of the year is that one from The World's End. However, I was re-watching This Is The End the other day and it has so many gems: "Dear God, it's me, Jonah Hill, from Moneyball", "Channing Taint-YUM!", "Sinkhole de mayo"... They're all so dumb. More

Posted by Drew_teres on Monday December 9, 2013, 22:42

15 RE: Best line of the year is...
Iron Man 3: "You can take away my suits, you can take away my home, but there's one thing you can never take away from me: I am Iron Man." Thor TDW: Dr. Erik Selvig: "Any questions?" Stan Lee: "Yeah. Can I have my shoe back?" Despicable Me 2: Gru: " I really hate that chicken! " Star Trek Into Darkness: Bones: "Don't agree with me, Spock, it makes me very uncomfortable. " Bones: "Damn it, man, I'm a doctor, not a torpedo technician!" Spock: "KHAAANNNN! " More

Posted by GrizBe on Monday December 9, 2013, 22:41

16 Best line of the year is...
That one from Place beyond pines. More

Posted by tysmuse on Monday December 9, 2013, 22:20

SPECIAL FEATURE
The 301 Greatest Movies Of All Time EMPIRE READERS' POLL: THE 301 GREATEST MOVIES OF ALL TIME
You turned out in your hundreds and thousands, and here are the results... Browse the full list

CURRENT HIGHLIGHTS
Exclusive: Luc Besson Talks Lucy
'There is no bullshit with Scarlett Johansson'

Video: Daniel Radcliffe Talks What If...
On Gordon Ramsay, swearing and date movies

The 24 Best Film-Related Ice Bucket Challenges
The viral craze that won’t quit takes in some of Hollywood’s finest

Who Shot First? The Complete List Of Star Wars Changes
An exhaustive chronology of George Lucas' post-release tinkering

Gamescom 2014: The 10 Most Exciting Games
Zombies! Guns! Tombs! Sheep! Watch the trailers right here...

Who Is Mack Bolan? Your Guide To Cinema's New Action Man
As Bradley Cooper lines up to star as the hero, here's your handy guide to his story so far

Film Studies 101: A Film Buff's Guide To Movie Movements
Everything you need to know about cinema's key groups

Get 6 Issues Of Empire For Only £15!

Get exclusive subscriber-only covers each month!

Get The Empire iPad Edition Today

Subscribe and save maney on annual digital subscription

Buy single issues

Get 6 issues of Empire for just £15!
Get the world's greatest movie magazine delivered straight to your door! Subscribe today!
Empire's Film Studies 101 Series
Everything you ever wanted to know about filmmaking but were afraid to ask...
The Empire iPad Edition
With exclusive extras, interactive features, trailers and much more! Download now
Home  |  News  |  Blogs  |  Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Interviews  |  Images  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  iPad  |  Podcast  |  Magazine Contact Us  |  Empire FAQ  |  Subscribe To Empire  |  Register
© Bauer Consumer Media Ltd  |  Legal Info  |  Privacy Policy  |  Bauer Entertainment Network
Bauer Consumer Media Ltd (company number 01176085 and registered address 1 Lincoln Court, Lincoln Road, Peterborough, England PE1 2RF)