David Letterman, king of late night chat show hosts, has been friends with Murray for nearly four decades, and it was Bill who was his first on screen interview back in February 1, 1982. Since then, Mr. Murray has turned up in a variety of unusual outfits, often for no reason at all. Admire, then, this French painter number, this jockey ensemble, this top hat and tails 1930s affair, this American football uniform (with the pads on the outside), as well as this inexplicable green jacket ‘n’ boxers look (complete with Russian hat).
7) The 'French painter number'.
8) The 'jockey ensemble'.
9) The 'top hat and tails 1930s affair'.
10) The 'American football uniform'.
11) The 'green jacket ‘n’ boxers look'.
12) Murray’s most recent trip to the Late Show studios involved a highly unusual entrance – even for Bill. They call it ‘Bill Murray's Mystery Arrival’, we call it ‘A Bound And Bagged Bill Murray Being Bundled Out Of A Car And Tazed’.
13) P.S. This behind the scenes clip of Bill dressed up as an American football player is also worth a look, if only for the feeling that he might actually be offering you a cookie instead of the guy holding the camera.
Posted by Mr Gittes on Tuesday March 12, 2013, 18:47
I honestly don't know how I missed out on that one. I am a fool! It's in there now, and it's all thanks to you, so, um, thank you.
Posted by Ali Plumb on Friday March 8, 2013, 17:28
The best one.
You missed out my favourite Bill Murray fan interaction story. One time a bunch of fans bumped into him and asked for a photograph. He refused, instead recording a Wes Anderson-esque slow-mo walk video with them.
Half of the fun of this is just seeing the guys trying to be serious instead of unbelievable gleeful. More
Posted by MartinHeron on Friday March 8, 2013, 14:05
Sporting Bears fan
Bill is a great fan of the Chicago Bears. There is a superb clip of him (one of several) on the sidelines as Soldier Field Chicago during the Super Bowl years 1985, where Bill absolutely cracks up talking about William "the Refrigerator" Perry.
Love him, can't get enough of him! More
Posted by danielthompson99 on Wednesday March 6, 2013, 13:51