London will be host to one of four satellite-linked cinemas in cities across the globe as director Peter Jackson and members of his cast and filmmaking team gather with fans to show exclusive footage from THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG and answer questions in front of a live audience. Plus there will be competitions and giveaways on the night – including a chance to win tickets to the premiere in Berlin for the best fancy dress.
Lee Pace, Luke Evans and Andy Serkis will join Edith Bowman in London’s Leicester Square venue, while Richard Armitage and Orlando Bloom join CNN anchor Anderson Cooper in New York, Evangeline Lilly joins from Los Angeles, and Peter Jackson himself joins from Wellington, New Zealand.
Each cinema will be connected by satellite, allowing audiences to participate in a simultaneous Q&A among participants in all four host locations, while fans at a further 9 cities worldwide will be invited to gather at select cinemas to be among the first to see the extended footage debut and watch the festivities unfold live.
One lucky winner will receive a pair of tickets to the event, with travel & accommodation included! For your chance to win, just answer the question below. You must be available to travel to London on Monday 4 – Tuesday 5 November, and the winner will be contacted by phone on Friday November 1.
Already in London? If you’re able to attend and don’t need travel or accommodation, you can claim tickets right now. Doors open at 9pm (guests to be seated by 9.30) and the event will finish at approximately 11.20pm on Monday November. 4 Click here and enter pin: 416629 to claim tickets - it's first come, first served so be quick! Ts and Cs at http://www.showfilmfirst.com/terms-conditions/
Terms & Conditions
• Dates of travel are Monday 4 – Tuesday 5 November. Entrants must be able to comply with these dates.
• Prize includes 2 x tickets to the fan event for THE HOBBIT: THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG on Monday November 4; 1 night hotel stay with breakfast, based on two people sharing one room; meet and greet return hotel transfers; Travel insurance
• No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the event begins.
• The hotel will take a credit card pre-authorisation or cash deposit to cover any incidentals.
• Any potential winner and his/her proposed guest will be required to sign a prize acceptance and release form in order to be eligible to win and/or participate in the prize.
Competition ends on 01 November 2013. For Empire Online's competition Terms And Conditions, please click here.