Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

RE: WWE

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  278 279 [280] 281 282   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WWE - 16/1/2013 8:41:54 PM   
Sledge Hammer

The new podcast is up:

Joy to the world, The Rock's still here, and CM Punk's a q...uite spectacular wrestler too.

It's The V2 Wrestling Podcast, still unsure of what to rename itself, but impressionable enough to now speak in the third person just like The V2 Wrestling Podcast's hero The Rock.

The V2 Wrestling Podcast started off this week talking about Alberto Del Rio's title triumph, more Royal Rumble build up and some John Cena and Randy Orton waffle.

In part two The V2 Wrestling Podcast (it gets annoying doesn't it?) moved onwards to TNA, and with no Adam involved this week it was time to draft in a friend of Impact Wrestling, one Rob 'Uryu' Lee. Genesis was under The V2 Wrestling Podcast's microscope, as well as briefly discussing Rob's recent chat with Kazaniels and also the company's drastic and innovative move on their PPV schedule.

The final discussion part saw The V2 Wrestling Podcast return to the trio, and under discussion were Randy Orton and Brock Lesnar.

After inspiration from a cracking article on the 606v2.com forum titled "Brock Lesnar - Massive Disappointment" there really was much to talk through. Has Brock delivered? Can his time with WWE be salvaged in this run? And is there anything positive in a Brock Lesnar v Triple H match at Wrestlemania?

Then onto Mr. Randall Orton. Randy has stalled in WWE thanks to a dull face turn and his own discretions, A reported heel turn seems to be everyone's hope for the star, but what do the team think of him?

http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/01/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-15th-january.html

new sports forum - http://www.606v2.com

Check it out!

(in reply to theoriginalcynic)
Post #: 8371
RE: WWE - 23/1/2013 9:55:44 PM   
Professor Moriarty

I tried to listen to the podcast last week, but it kept stopping on me. I'll try again on Friday.

In other news, I caught up with TNA Genesis. I hadn't missed much before I caught up with it.

(in reply to Sledge Hammer)
Post #: 8372
RE: WWE - 25/1/2013 6:55:55 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Professor Moriarty

I tried to listen to the podcast last week, but it kept stopping on me. I'll try again on Friday.

In other news, I caught up with TNA Genesis. I hadn't missed much before I caught up with it.

Not sure why Prof!

Anyway, here is this weeks:

The talking is almost over, the Raw before the war has finished and now we are mere days from the Royal Rumble.

There is really a sense of excitement and intrigue in the wrestling world at the moment, and some of it filters through to this week's podcast, although invariably grumpy Gavin turns up as per usual.

We've got TNA and WWE chat for you as ever with Chris Wilkerson, Adam Davey, Richard Hudson and Gavin Duenas as we take a look at the week that has been and the days ahead.

In Part One we talk TNA. There's a sparked interest in Aces and Eights and where TNA aims to go on their Road to Lockdown UK Tour, as well as our views on what could be a new heel tag team forming between Bobby Roode and Austin Aries. Of course, we take a look at the wedding of the year so far as Brooke and Bully hit a bump on the road of love.

Part Two focuses on WWE, and we cannot avoid the Rumble from the word go. The match itself looks set to be an open one, with WWE doing their level best to build it up and add some interesting narrative. And then there's CM Punk vs The Rock, a match that has every wrestling fan excited. The two had more chance to antagonise each other this week, with Paul Heyman, Vickie Guerrero and The Shield adding some variety to the feud.

Part Three is our usual random topic discussion section. This week we take a look at where we think Shawn Michaels ranks on the list of greats and find ourselves wondering aloud about how much mainstream coverage makes you the top man. We also have a look at who we would pick if the Radicals were formed again. Before we had Guerrero, Benoit, Saturn and Malenko, but which four would we take from TNA to move into WWE and which four would we swap in the other direction.

I hope you enjoy the show, and for those of you at TNA's Wembley Impact show this week do come say hello to Chris & Gav wearing their rather funky podcast t-shirts!

http://v2journal.com/wrestling-articles.html

Check it out!

(in reply to Professor Moriarty)
Post #: 8373
RE: WWE - 27/1/2013 3:25:31 AM   
theoriginalcynic

Good podcast lads.

OK Rumble predictions.

Tag team match - I don't care but I'd expect Rhodes to win.
Show vs Del - Once again it's not that interesting. Del to retain. I'm not a fan of last man standing matches, they become tedious when the ref is counting. Plus people stay down when they usually wouldn't. If this match takes place after the rumble (and I seriously doubt it) Ziggler will cash his MIB in and win the title. Personally I think he's gonna cash it in at Mania.
Punk vs The Rock - The Rock has promised he's gonna win, I'd expect the Rock to win. Otherwise he's gonna look a bit of a fool. The Shield will get involved but will be sent packing.
The Rumble - Ryback all the way. He'll win the title at Mania. Champions at Mania Ziggler and Ryback.

Taker and Lesnar might show up but I don't think they will. But if Punk wins Taker will show up.

< Message edited by theoriginalcynic -- 27/1/2013 3:34:09 AM >

Post #: 8374
RE: WWE - 27/1/2013 10:34:57 AM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: theoriginalcynic

Good podcast lads.

OK Rumble predictions.

Tag team match - I don't care but I'd expect Rhodes to win.
Show vs Del - Once again it's not that interesting. Del to retain. I'm not a fan of last man standing matches, they become tedious when the ref is counting. Plus people stay down when they usually wouldn't. If this match takes place after the rumble (and I seriously doubt it) Ziggler will cash his MIB in and win the title. Personally I think he's gonna cash it in at Mania.
Punk vs The Rock - The Rock has promised he's gonna win, I'd expect the Rock to win. Otherwise he's gonna look a bit of a fool. The Shield will get involved but will be sent packing.
The Rumble - Ryback all the way. He'll win the title at Mania. Champions at Mania Ziggler and Ryback.

Taker and Lesnar might show up but I don't think they will. But if Punk wins Taker will show up.

Tag Team - Rhodes Scholar
Show v Alberto - Alberto
Punk v Rock - Rock
The Rumble - Cena, personally I'd love Bryan to win it, with Ziggler cashing in MITB to become WHC, they can then do a Ziggler vs Bryan match and have the story be that AJ cost Bryan the belt last year, and this year he gets it back from her boyfriend - but I don't see them doing that

Post #: 8375
RE: WWE - 28/1/2013 12:18:53 PM   
Wild about Wilder

Oh well apart from the Tag team match 3 unsatisfactory finishes.
(No wonder I don't do PPV's!) feel "Royaly" ripped off!
Spose after tonights RAW it'll be a 3 way dance at Mania?

< Message edited by Wild about Wilder -- 28/1/2013 12:20:10 PM >

(in reply to ChickMagnet)
Post #: 8376
RE: WWE - 28/1/2013 3:36:04 PM   
theoriginalcynic

It was a damn poor PPV. Last time I part with £15 except for Mania.

Big Show vs Del Rio was awful. The ending was ridiculous and annoyed me.
Tag Team match - like I said before, who cares?
Rumble match - apart from Kingston's spot it was devoid of clever moments, and apart from Y2J's return the surprises were boring. Super Cena wins - meh. Has to be one of the worst Rumbles ever, and really showed WWE's lack of talent.
The Rock vs Punk. As a spectacle it was great, as a match it was damn poor. I would have asked for my money back if the original ending had stuck. Rock was green in the ring, and I could see them whispering to each other constantly.

Overall 5/10 Not good enough for the second biggest PPV of the year, and a waste of money.

(in reply to Wild about Wilder)
Post #: 8377
RE: WWE - 29/1/2013 10:21:57 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Well now that the WWE title wont be held in the Elimination Cage the next PPV looks worthless.
Did like Punk's dig at The Rock refering to how he works all week compaired to him.

Post #: 8378
RE: WWE - 29/1/2013 10:43:57 AM   
theoriginalcynic

I'm getting bored with wrestling again. This shouldn't be happening in the run up to Mania. The Rock's act is ten year's out of date, his promo at the Rumble was nonsensical. We know it's gonna be Cena vs Rock 2 and Cena will win. I just wish WWE wouldn't be so predictable.

Post #: 8379
RE: WWE - 1/2/2013 7:16:36 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Latest podcast up:

http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/01/the-v2-wrestling-podcast.html

Itís the V2 Wrestling Podcast!
Blowing my own trumpet here, but itís a ruddy fantastic show this week, Part 1 has Adam, Gavin and myself discussing all things TNA including the recent Impact UK tour that we all managed to attend (though at different venues). We do our best not to give any spoilers away except myself who blurts out about the winner of a triple threat match I saw.
Part 2 is Rumble fallout as Chris replaces Adam, we discuss how the IWC in general and this forum have had huge mixed review of the Rumble, what we thought to the returns of Jericho and Goldust, the WWE Title match and then the following nightís RAW, was it wise to start the road to Wrestlemania 29 with a RAW Roulette show?
Last up in Part 3 all the gang are involved as we have our usual random musing, this week the Ultimate Warrior comes under the spotlight and if he should be inducted into the WWE HOF and then moves onto a brief discussion on Bret Hart, how he made peace with Vince and his autobiography.

As always, let us know your thoughts on the podcast, what you'd like us to discuss, any questions you have and compliments are always good! (any complaints please send to Adam via PM!)

Check it out!

Post #: 8380
RE: WWE - 2/2/2013 12:07:08 AM   
vad3r

I'm sick to death of Orton and Cena. Same old, same old. They don't even look bothered any more in the ring and promo-wise. Give some other talent a chance.

Ryback - A poor mans Goldberg or Lesnar. Doesn't have the mystique/explosiveness of Goldberg or the in-ring ability of Lesnar.

Big Show, Mark Henry, A-Train, Khali, Kane, Rey Mysterio, Brodus Clay - Please, just retire.

Wade Barrett - What exactly is interesting about him? Generic bodybuilder. Same goes for Drew McIntryre

Del Rio - Annoying. And not in the heel heat sort of way.

AJ Lee - Push!! Finally the WWE have a credible female talent. She could be HUGE if they play it right and have any sense.

Daniel Bryan - Push!! Superb in-ring ability and has come leaps and bounds in terms of his promos and character building. Genuinely the most entertaining/funniest talent they have.

Dolph Zigger, Zack Ryder, Kofi, Miz, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus -Push.

Chris Jericho, CM Punk, Christian, HHH, Taker, William Regal - Legends.

Single Virgin Mod Candidate 2013

quote:

ORIGINAL: horribleives
To paraphrase the great man himself:

Vad3r won't go anywhere near this.

Post #: 8381
RE: WWE - 6/2/2013 9:42:50 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Agree with you on most can't agree with you on Barrett though the man's got talent in & out of the ring just needs a submission hold as has 3 excellent moves already.
Also how good was Punk vs Jericho on RAW compaired to the tripe that was on display at the Royal Rumble.

(in reply to vad3r)
Post #: 8382
RE: WWE - 6/2/2013 9:49:57 PM   
Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/2/post/2013/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-5th-february.html

Welcome to this weeks podcast hosted by Adam 'Turdburglar' Davey with regular guests Gavin 'Brains' Duenas, Chris 'Pretty Boy' Wilkerson and Richard 'Hero' Hudson.

This week was most notable for the debate and complete split of opinions on the booking of Magnus, the booking decisions on WWE and the abilities of Triple H and Bret Hart. The triumphant and much loved face duo of Hero and Chris argued succinctly to squash the daft opinions of heel team Gavin and the Turdburglar. In defeat, I brand them with the name 'Turdbrains'.

As usual the show is split into three parts consisting of our weekly round up of TNA, WWE and a hot topic of the week.

TNA kicks it off with discussion centred again around the UK shows, on where we see Magnus going, is it right for Spud to be a heel based on his height, the latest reveal for Aces and Eights and TNA going on the road.

Part 2 discusses this weeks RAW which immediately brings up the issue of economical booking, did we think the likes of Cesaro and Barrett benefit from clean losses to Ryback and Orton respectively? Also discussed was Brad Maddox's promo, Mark Henry and Jack Swagger's returns and how the final match on RAW took place two ad breaks before the end of the show.

Our final part brings up the interview Bret Hart did where he thought HHH v Taker was a 3/10 match and where we thought HHH was placed as a potential great amongst wrestling being that Bret thought there was a 1000 better wrestlers than him. Adam then makes the startling revelation that he considers Koko B Ware Bret's equal (or even higher because he had a parrot!)

We hope you enjoy it as ever and please retweet, share and spread the word on our awesomeness!

Check it out!

Post #: 8383
RE: WWE - 18/2/2013 11:57:30 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Well apart feom the Grand Finale will say WWE Elimination Chamber was a deffinant step on the Royal Rumble except for the main event & Del Rios major F-UP! move.
One quick mention it's worth it just for the moment in The Shields match where Lillian nearly gets destroyed?

Post #: 8384
RE: WWE - 20/2/2013 9:28:30 PM   
ChickMagnet

Oh Jack :(

http://www.tmz.com/2013/02/20/wwe-star-jack-swagger-arrested-wwe-tv-taping-traffic-violations/

Post #: 8385
RE: WWE - 22/2/2013 10:34:59 PM   
Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-19th-february.html

There are only the standard WWE installments to go, we are weeks away from April and we have Wrestlemania in sight.

TNA is near the end of it's UK tour and about to step out onto the road with Impact Wrestling in America.

And we at the v2journal have a kazoo to excite the audiences worldwide and a Morrissey impersonation. Professionals to the end.

The time for wrestling is now! Everyone is raising their game!

Yes, its the V2 Wrestling Podcast with Gavin "The Brain" Duenas, Richard "Hero" Hudson, "Pretty Boy" Chris Wilkerson and Adam "Insert Nickname Here" Davey.

This week we talk TNA, WWE and then end with our discussion section as ever.

TNA sees us talk more Aces and Eights as we see big things on the horizon, as well as discussing whether some of their "behind the curtains" segments and language fit in the wrestling product of today.

WWE gave us almost too much to talk about. Elimination Chamber is dissected, so much so that the events of Raw are almost forgotten. Thankfully, we did remember, but WWE's decision to tease all the major stories next week gave us some respite.

The main points from the PPV and the show centre on how we are heading directly to Wrestlemania.

We also have a quick look at how we feel WWE should tread carefully with Jack Swagger's politically loaded story.

In our world famous discussion section we go into two different subjects.

Firstly, we offer forward a match or two from days gone by that we would use to advertise wrestling to those who aren't fans.

We then move on to discuss wrestlers that didn't make it to heights anywhere near where they could have. This includes the obscure to the midcard stars who can never get to the top.

What would you like us to discuss in the coming weeks? And can you think of a suitable nickname for Adam Davey?

Check it out!

Post #: 8386
RE: WWE - 24/2/2013 10:36:35 PM   
ChickMagnet

So Undertaker returned at a house show last night - meaning my prediction for Raw is as follows:

Punk loses to Cena, gets on the Mic and starts complaining that it isn't fair Cena vs Rock is a Mania main event 2 years in a row. GONG!!!! Taker comes out, points at the Mania sign, does the thumb across his neck thing, there's your Mania match made.

Post #: 8387
RE: WWE - 27/2/2013 9:35:28 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Wild about Wilder

Well apart feom the Grand Finale will say WWE Elimination Chamber was a deffinant step on the Royal Rumble except for the main event & Del Rios major F-UP! move.
One quick mention it's worth it just for the moment in The Shields match where Lillian nearly gets destroyed?

That was an awesome spot. Ryback catching your man off the top turnbuckle was a hell of a feat too.

Post #: 8388
RE: WWE - 27/2/2013 10:09:13 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-19th-february.html

Is there a back catalogue of podcasts I can download Sledge? I've been rushed off my feet and would love to catch up with this year's ones at least and am travelling next week so I have time. Thx.

Post #: 8389
RE: WWE - 28/2/2013 7:07:50 AM   
Sledge Hammer

This weels first:

Welcome back for more wrestling insight and discussion from the V2 Wrestling Podcast team.

We're coming off a quite busy week with interviews from TNA British Boot Camhttp://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-26th-february.htmlp winner Rockstar Spud and TNA Referee Brian Stiffler.

And the team are together to discuss the events of the week. TNA, WWE and the world famous discussion section to entertain you as ever. Richard "Hero" Hudson, Adam "The TNA Crusader" Davey, "Pretty Boy" Chris Wilkerson and a late appearance from a poorly Gavin "The Brain" Duenas to guide you through the week of wrestling.

TNA kicks us off in part one where we discuss Bully Ray versus Jeff Hardy at Lockdown. Is this where Jeff loses the title? Is Bully set to turn heel? We also discuss Hulk Hogan's displeasure that Hardy kept the belt whilst unable to tour the UK, a little bit of Rockstar Spud and steps to make someone the new face of TNA.

WWE in part two is based around another action packed Raw on the road to Wrestlemania. Brock Lesnar's bloody head, Triple H's pissy pants and the sudden excitement around a feud that has been much maligned, where The Shield go as we lead up to 'Mania, the politics and arrest of Jack Swagger, Daniel Bryan's comedy position and the main event of John Cena vs. CM Punk. We end the section with Chris already marking out at the thought of being at Wrestlemania.

The discussion section focuses on the use of blading and blood in modern wrestling. We discuss Brock Lesnar's bloodied figure on Monday Night Raw, the use of blood to make impact in certain feuds and how blading is used.

We also talked about the role of John Cena after the face of the WWE turned in his "A Game" as Wrestlemania season really kicks off.

Here you go prof:

http://v2journal.com/wrestling-feb.html

http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/v2-wrestling-podcast-13th-february.html
http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/02/v2-wrestling-podcast-6th-feb.html

There is an RSS feed that you can follow that I will dig up tonight as well. It will be on itunes very shortly!

We have Paul nicholson on next week (the darts player who is a huge wrestling fan) and hopefully Brian Stiffler (the bald TNA ref)

Check it out!

(in reply to HIGHLANDER)
Post #: 8390
RE: WWE - 28/2/2013 7:37:40 AM   
Sledge Hammer

Here is the RSS with all the sound files - http://v2journal.com/12/feed

Check it out!

Post #: 8391
RE: WWE - 5/3/2013 9:38:42 PM   
Sledge Hammer

just to let all our wrestling podcast fans know (both of you) that we had a TNA ref and Paul Nicholson on tonights show. Post it up tomorrow for you.

Check it out!

Post #: 8392
RE: WWE - 6/3/2013 1:59:49 PM   
primebhoy

RIP Paul Bearer

'Old Man your about one C**t hair away from hillbilly heaven' - Blade II

Post #: 8393
RE: WWE - 12/3/2013 7:07:25 PM   
Ripper

I've read so many wrestling books now, all of them on my kindle (it just seems to work better for dyslexics like my very good self), I have read (and in some cases enjoyed, not so much in the case of Shawn or Bret's books):

Pride & Passion: The Story of Stampede Wrestling - Heath McCoy
Storm Front - Lance Storm
Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Professional Wrestling - Bret the Shitman Hart
Controversy Creates Cash - Eric Bischoff
A Lion's Tale: Around The World In Spandex - Chris Jericho
Undisputed: How To Become World Champion in 1,004 Easy Steps - Chris Jericho
Heartbreak & Triumph - Shawn Michaels

I;ve also read the first two Mick Foley works, the first Chris Jericho is easily the best of the ones listed above, can anyone reccomend any new ones?

I think we can all agree, history is in the past

- George Dubya Bush

Some say he only knows two things about ducks .... and both of them are wrong

(in reply to Frank Castle)
Post #: 8394
RE: WWE - 12/3/2013 7:53:51 PM   
Sledge Hammer

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

I've read so many wrestling books now, all of them on my kindle (it just seems to work better for dyslexics like my very good self), I have read (and in some cases enjoyed, not so much in the case of Shawn or Bret's books):

Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Professional Wrestling - Bret the Shitman Hart

I;ve also read the first two Mick Foley works, the first Chris Jericho is easily the best of the ones listed above, can anyone reccomend any new ones?

I can ask the panel tomorrow night and get you an answer on the podcast.

Check it out!

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8395
RE: WWE - 12/3/2013 8:46:43 PM   
ElephantBoy

Very sad to hear the news about Bearer, the guy was a wrestling man through and through, who still had much to offer the business. RIP.

Post #: 8396
RE: WWE - 12/3/2013 9:51:31 PM   
ChickMagnet

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ripper

William Regal's is brilliant, as is Pipers, Heenans and Freddie Blassie's

(in reply to Ripper)
Post #: 8397
RE: WWE - 14/3/2013 9:51:26 PM   
Sledge Hammer

Two quick features on v2 this week - firstly the highlight of my broadcasting career to date - an interview with the Honky Tonk Man - http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/03/interview-with-the-honky-tonk-man.html

Secondly, this weeks podcast where we talk about TNA Lockdown, WWE and the usual off topic chat at the end - http://v2journal.com/17/post/2013/03/the-v2-wrestling-podcast-13th-march.html

Hope you enjoy them.

By the way, I thought Lockdown was excellent. Bully Ray is the best heel in wrestling at the moment.

Check it out!

Post #: 8398
RE: WWE - 20/3/2013 9:47:52 AM   
Wild about Wilder

Weirdly how weak does the so-called Wrestlemania main event look what with The Rock off trying to flog a movie that should've been out a year ago & Cena only wrestling once in past 2 weeks in a squash match against his "brother from another mother", also how bad was the promo they did for him oh yeah John losing against the Rock was the reason for your marrige failing!
Only saving graces are Punk vs Undertaker & HHH vs Lesnar at the moment otherwise looks very, very dull.

Post #: 8399
RE: WWE - 25/3/2013 12:46:27 PM   
Professor Moriarty

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sledge Hammer

By the way, I thought Lockdown was excellent. Bully Ray is the best heel in wrestling at the moment.

Solid PPV with a good ending. Taz is quite attrociously annoying though

Post #: 8400
Page:   <<   < prev  278 279 [280] 281 282   next >   >>
All Forums >> [On Another Note...] >> Small Screen >> RE: WWE Page: <<   < prev  278 279 [280] 281 282   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News††|††Empire Blog††|††Movie Reviews††|††Future Films††|††Features††|††Video Interviews††|††Image Gallery††|††Competitions††|††Forum††|††Magazine††|††Resources
Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI