best films to watch stoned? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Favourite Films

maffew -> best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 5:31:20 PM)

since we're talking about movies while under the influence, thought i'd take it in another direction! those of you who indulge, what're your favorite films to chill out with a spliff to? i'm a fan of star wars, clerks, shark attack (any low budg horror) and moulin rouge!

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 5:47:25 PM)

Mallrats, what else? [:D]

I'd also like to humbly suggest Jaws 3; it gains a certain poignant simplicity when you're stoned, and the horro seems so much greater. Ghost Ship was also watched after a hefty session of "puffin' da herb". [;)]

Oh, and Clueless. Perfect.

But dear god DON'T watch Requiem for a Dream under the influence. Christ that was disturbing.

Kat Brown -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 5:52:41 PM)

Not that I in anyway condone the use of illegal substances, but The Wall with the subtitles on (don't ask) works bizarrely well. I'm told. Also, Return To Oz. Or indeed anything with Fairuza Balk.

maffew -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 6:32:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead
 "puffin' da herb". [;)]

puff puffin (scracth), puff puffin, puff puffin pu-pu-puffin da herb! (scratch!) puffin da herb! human traffic! thats a good one while stoned too!

buffy -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 6:45:06 PM)

Halloween is always a great one!
But comedies are the best I'd go for The Mask, The Wedding Singer or Freaky Friday (Jamie Lee Curtis is hilarious in it!)

James74 -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 9:45:46 PM)

An obvious choice is the Cheech and Chong films which had my mates and I in hysterics.
Another thing we used to watch was Fantasia with the sound off and a Pink Floyd album (usually Saucerful of Secrets or Dark Side..) in the background, it was amazing man!

riversbend -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (4/4/2006 11:34:17 PM)

I do NOT recommend Return of the King which is absolutely endless if you have been partaking.  It also makes no sense whatsoever and you can't tell who is related to who and you care even less.  though this may be a feature of the film itself and nothing to do with the pause in the parking lot before we went in...

Gattaca seemed much more profound the first time i saw it.  that was not the sober time [;)]

another vote for clueless here too... [8D]

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 2:37:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: maffew

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shaunette_ofthe_Dead
 "puffin' da herb". [;)]

puff puffin (scracth), puff puffin, puff puffin pu-pu-puffin da herb! (scratch!) puffin da herb! human traffic! thats a good one while stoned too!

Classic! [:D] "The milky bars are on me!"

"Only for the, only for the, only for the hardcore UK ravers."

Hardcore Raver -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 2:53:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: riversbend

I do NOT recommend Return of the King which is absolutely endless if you have been partaking. 

Funnily enough I watched this film last night whilst smoking weed. I though it was ok, but then I've seen it a few times so it wasn't any effort keeping up with the plot, and I could zone out for a while before concentrating on the film again still knowing what was going on.

As for best films to watch whilst stoned, there are a fair few. Some of my favourites would be Super Troopers, Back to the Future, the Harry Potter films, Harold & Kumar get the Munchies, 2001, and pretty much any Disney film.

I have watched Requiem for a Dream whilst stoned and had no problems with that, but that may be because I'd seen it before. The only film I'd recommend not smoking whilst watching is 'The Shining'. Scared the shit out of me - major case of paranoia which I don't think I'd ever had before, or since.

buffy -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 6:24:51 PM)

Any Jay and Silent Bob movie is good too, can't believe I forgot them! [:D]

pedros -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 6:34:54 PM)

Dazed and Confused, definitely. And Half Baked too, if any of you guys have seen that. It's a very stupid comedy designed for stoners, though i'm not sure if its available...

katbirdnz -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 9:39:12 PM)

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and Waynes World. Also Shaun of the Dead. Funny enough straight, but pants-wettingly hilarious when under the influence of the dreaded herb [:D]

Kat

Shaunette_ofthe_Dead -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 9:48:31 PM)

Ahh, Bill and Ted, and precious Wayne's World!! I can't believe I overlooked them, good call! [:D]

"We fear.....change."

Lance Uppercut -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (5/4/2006 11:03:38 PM)

Masters Of The Universe - trust me it's worth it.

Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas and Where The Buffalo Roam are perfect stoner viewing.
I also remember Finding Nemo being quite a profound experience when watched stoned.

I watched The Last Detail with a few joints the other night and it was a hugely enjoyable romp.

Totally agree with Jaws 3, if ever there's a movie that benefits from a doobie snack, it's this.

Merly -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (6/4/2006 2:34:04 PM)

quote:

But dear god DON'T watch Requiem for a Dream under the influence. Christ that was disturbing.

Agreed. Good lord. That film is disturbing enough when your not off your head [:D]

I watched A Tale of 2 sisters under the influence and it freaked me out big time. [sm=augen14.gif]

TYLER -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (6/4/2006 4:25:03 PM)

Fear and Loathing goes from a great movie to a work of genius. Also anything like Caddyshack, Animal House, The Jerk etc to modern day efforts like Dumb & Dumber or Team America.

JCRendle -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (6/4/2006 11:58:35 PM)

The Beatle's Yellow Submarine

maffew -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (7/4/2006 11:52:32 PM)

yes!!! good choice! spirited away is absolutly superb when your stoned...such pretty colours, such a nice story...

Heriberto -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (9/4/2006 4:05:00 PM)

Star wars
Akira
Versus
Fear and loathing
Lord of the Rings
28 Days Later
Blade

Henry JW -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (9/4/2006 4:08:08 PM)

Team America
Bill & Ted
Shaun of the Dead
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Baby Bear -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (9/4/2006 4:15:38 PM)

I have heard that it's quite fun watching Shaun of the Dead whilst partaking of herbal remedies.Also, going into lightspeed on any sci-fi movie while toking on a giant doobie is quite fun. So I gather. Allegedly. A friend made me do it. It's not mine, officer. I have allergies. A roach what? Sorry, I don't keep fish.

Just say no.

nursejen -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (9/4/2006 9:39:13 PM)

Apocolypse Now.
The Doors

Paxton -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (10/4/2006 1:17:31 AM)

Withnail & I
Zulu

...in fact, fuck it, just check this thread.

http://www.empireonline.com/forum/tm.asp?m=371851

It amounts to about the same thing in many cases.

MR T's GOLD CHAINS -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (10/4/2006 6:15:24 AM)

Revenge Of The Sith - seriously this movie works well when ripped! its just mad eye candy!
The Thing - Gets the paranoia going....
Joe's Apartment - 20,000 singing roaches, that's why.
Event Horizon - Average film sober, pretty good mind fuck while stoned! and visually superb!
Appleseed - The new Appleseed film is fucking amazing after three or four cones!

Chris Kay -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (10/4/2006 11:26:18 AM)

Harold & Kumar go to White Castle is definatly an brilliant movie to watch stoned. Can't wait till Harold & Kumar go to Amsterdam comes out [:D]

adambatman82 -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (11/4/2006 12:23:05 AM)

iv never even tried weed. never admitted that before!

Benjamin Dover -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (11/4/2006 1:09:19 AM)

Ok, I've never been stoned myself, so can't really verify this. But a friend of mine says he has never had more fun, than watching Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon after havin a wee puff....

Apparently he saw loads of small green dwarfs running around in the movie, causing all sorts of problems...

goldleader -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (11/4/2006 10:23:38 AM)

Mallrats no question about it or Biodome.  Comedies are the best.  Ones with little story and not much going on.  Dont watch Tron or LOTR when stoned its so hard to keep up and is a real downer.

maffew -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (11/4/2006 1:26:16 PM)

right.

Lethal Weapon II...

with the sound off.

with Paul Weller on over the top of it.

sound odd?? well, we were totally wrecked the other night round this guys house, and he had the TV on, and Paul Weller on the Hi-Fi...we weren't really watching, but then my brother said - 'hey, look how well Paul Weller goes with Lethal Weapon!' from that point, for the entire duration we sat in silence watching lethal weapon with the sound off, bursting into laughter as the sounds of Paul Weller totally changed the mood of the film, or went perfectly in time with an explosion or a fight....

i highly reccomend this...its ace!

Skiba -> RE: best films to watch stoned? (11/4/2006 2:07:37 PM)

I attempted to watch Dune whilst on Mushrooms...big mistake!

It's a messy film when you're sober so I almost lost it!

Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI