Register  |   Log In  |  
Follow us on   
Search   
Forum Home Register for Free! Log In Moderator Tickets FAQ Users Online

Most moving/horrific rape scene.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Most moving/horrific rape scene. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:34:22 AM   
Mojo

It seems that the "favourite rape" thread that I spotted has dissappeared before an in depth debate could take place. I've re-posted this thread with a more PC title and hopefully the discussions can continue.

I personally like the rape scene in The Hills Have Eyes remake. Not only is Brenda being raped, but she's being raped  by a big ugly mutant. The scene is truly terrifying and frustrating, as we can see the rape taking place yet the other characters (who are too busy trying to put out Bob, who is on fire) cannot. Thus the raping continues.

It also brings forth a number of theories. Many believe the film to be a prequel to ABC's hit television show Lost, in which Emilie De Ravin's character Claire (a name change occured for mass appeal) is pregnant. Theorists speculate that the baby is perhaps that of the mutant from The Hills Have Eyes. This is all, of course, speculation and has no basis in fact.

Anyway, I went off topic there. What rape scenes do you find to be the most moving, harrowing or enjoyable?

Let's shove a stick up that wolf's ass.
Post #: 1
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:39:04 AM   
PatBateman

I Spit on Your Grave

WARNING: I may google your name because I'm a bit nosey.

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 2
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:40:07 AM   
Mojo

quote:

ORIGINAL: PatBateman

I Spit on Your Grave

Bit harsh, I was only tryin' to spur debate!

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 3
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:40:57 AM   
Kyle_R_

The only rape scene I can even think of is Alex raping the writers wife in A Clockwork Orange, thought it really shouldn't be, that scene is actually humorous.

http://www.last.fm/user/I-Am-Scientist

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 4
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:41:10 AM   
keyzersaulsie

You are fucking mad.

Fucking completely totally fucking mad.

You are either a) being deliberately offensive for your own amusement or b) really, really into rapes scenes and completely totally fucking off your nuts in a sitting in your own poo while wanking off to a DVD of The Krankies mad with a myspace account entitled myspace.com/maddestfuckerwhodigsrapescenesever.

If you think for a single fucking second anyone is actually going to enter this debate over "favourite rape scene" you are fucking insane.

I nominate the tree sequence in The Evil Dead.

< Message edited by keyzersaulsie -- 20/2/2007 11:45:07 AM >

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 5
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:41:21 AM   
Peter Griffin

I think the obvious one is Irréversible, harsh stuff but it has a happy ending and you see naked Monica.

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

"Me and Pete Griffin would make a beautiful Dead Space ass kicking baby."

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 6
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:45:25 AM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: keyzersaulsie

You are fucking mad.

You are either a) being deliberately offensive for your own amusement or b) really, really into rapes scenes and completely totally fucking off your nuts in a sitting in your own poo while wanking off to a DVD of The Krankies mad with a myspace account entitled myspace.com/maddestfuckerwhodigsrapescenesever.

If you think for a single fucking second anyone is actually going to enter this debate over "favourite rape scene" you are fucking insane.

But mine's the tree sequence in The Evil Dead.

HAHAHAHAHA

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to keyzersaulsie)
Post #: 7
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:48:01 AM   
Workshed

quote:

ORIGINAL: PatBateman

I Spit on Your Grave

Yeah, the whole film's pretty much one big rape scene. Theres a guy who looks Tarantino with glasses who's face cracks me up.

"Well that's just, like, you're opinion, man"

"Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

(in reply to PatBateman)
Post #: 8
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:48:50 AM   
Mojo

quote:

You are fucking mad.

I nominate the tree sequence in The Evil Dead.

There's no need to get offensive mate, some of the stuff you said is pretty horrible. Sitting in my own poo? Thats just disgusting! I whip the faeces from my arse in the morning just like everybody else!

I think I'll vote for the tree sequence too, its funny because its a tree.

Post #: 9
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:48:59 AM   
Tech_Noir

I'm reading Carl Sagan's book Shadows of Forgotten Ancestors at the moment and there's interesting chapter on  the issue of rape when it comes to apes / monkeys and also human attitudes to the subject.

Supposedly, according to a study in the US in the early 90s, the majority male college students claim to be turned on by the idea of rape - especially if the woman gradually starts to like it. I think some movies do exploit this notion, such as Michael Douglas' sex scene with Jeanne Tripplehorn ion Basic Instinct - which borders on rape.

(in reply to Peter Griffin)
Post #: 10
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:53:18 AM   
ilovebeerme

Did you actually think asking folk to post their 'favourite' rape scene would be acceptable?  Are you 10?

Asking folk to comment on/discuss a specific scene as part of a discussion about a movie is one thing but asking for a list of rape scenes and a grading from 'moving' (what the fuck?) to harrowing or, did i even read this, enjoyable is more than a little disturbing.

If you want to discuss 'enjoyable' rape scenes in films then go and do it elsewhere.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to Workshed)
Post #: 11
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:56:45 AM   
Wedge

Rape used in comedy films is a rather shady area.  How about the rape in Erik the Viking?  The pairing of such an awful act with comedy is a very tricky thing.

Interestingly, while a man raping a woman is hardly ever 'joked' about, male rape is often consider with humour.  How many comical references to male rape in prison have you heard or seen?  Lots.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!"
"Dance for me Colin! Daaance for me!!"
"Everybody's dead Dave"

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs314.snc4/41022_10150255199830294_790880293_14349909_1904630_n.jpg

(in reply to Tech_Noir)
Post #: 12
Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:57:27 AM   
Mojo

Favourite Films?

(in reply to ilovebeerme)
Post #: 13
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 11:59:00 AM   
keyzersaulsie

No need to get offensive?

A discussion thread about Best Rape Scene and I'm the offensive dude?

Most Accurately Harrowing Depiction of Rape may have just about been something to close to an appropriate attempt to discuss this subject... but this approach is beyond offensive and going into a whole new realm of bad taste.

Freedom of speech and all that... fair's fair... no... wait... this is some fucking super sick fucked up shit right here.

Here's a clue as to why the first Favourite Rape Scene thread vanished... it's fucking sick as Vanessa Feltz in a room without mirrors, that's why! The Accused didn't win an oscar for Best Rape Scene.

It's not even a serious debate about film... just "What's Your Favourite Rape Scene?"

So now here's my follow up sub-subject:

Best Depiction of Cot Death - Trainspotting

< Message edited by keyzersaulsie -- 20/2/2007 12:01:46 PM >

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 14
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:01:33 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

it's fucking sick as Vanessa Feltz in a room without mirrors

Got something against fat people?

"No point in mentioning these bats, I thought. Poor bastard will see them soon enough."

Post #: 15
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:03:02 PM   
keyzersaulsie

HAHAHA!!! Vanessa's a whole lotta woman - it's her vanity that's the target there.

Yes, yes, yes... I see it now. Somehow I am the bad guy on this Best Rape Scene Thread.

No-one has even dared discuss Straw Dogs... I bet ole Rapey Eyed Mojo knows what I'm talking about there...

< Message edited by keyzersaulsie -- 20/2/2007 12:05:05 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:04:59 PM   
Peter Griffin

quote:

HAHAHA!!! Vanessa's a whole lotta woman - it's her vanity that's the target there.

Yes, yes! I'm the bad guy on this Best Rape Scene Thread!

How wrong I was!

Calm down i was only taking the piss out of you.

Post #: 17
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:05:33 PM   
keyzersaulsie

I took it as a joke... no harm meant.

< Message edited by keyzersaulsie -- 20/2/2007 12:06:26 PM >

Post #: 18
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:07:47 PM   
RockyWilcox

It seems Mojo's logic has not even come close to grazing the heads of the "god-like" figures at Empire.

Why is it we can discuss favourite kills in movies yet rape is thrown by the wayside? Yes, rape is horrific, but so is murder, and not just cold blooded murder, but the ones where the character didn't mean to stamp the guy in the face three times.

Rape should never be used for comedy purposes however, as it is certainly never funny, even with a clown involved, or any circus employees for that matter.

Good day.

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 19
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:10:19 PM   
RockyWilcox

quote:

The Accused didn't win an oscar for Best Rape Scene.

That's because they don't have that category in the ceremony. If you'd have watched the MTV Movie Awards though...

GRAW Friction Vol.1
GRAW Friction Vol.2

(in reply to RockyWilcox)
Post #: 20
RE: Most moving/horrific rape scene. - 20/2/2007 12:10:46 PM   
ilovebeerme

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mojo

Favourite Films?

Wow, awesome comedy and 'most enjoyable rape' in the same thread. You are quite a guy.

If you claim that you didn't know this shit piece thread would be deemed unacceptable then I can put you on pre-mod and ok everything you write before you post it. I mean if you feel you are that stupid then it can be done. Just let me or one of the other mods know, ok?

If you want to discuss the 'enjoyable' aspects of rape in film then piss off and do it away from the Empire boards.

If you want to discuss it's depiction in films then try to be a little smarter in how you phrase the thread.

Like food and wine? Come join the conversation at http://kitchendecanted.com/

Latest post - Chicken with Thai basil and chili

(in reply to Mojo)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie Musings >> Most moving/horrific rape scene. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Movie News  |  Empire Blog  |  Movie Reviews  |  Future Films  |  Features  |  Video Interviews  |  Image Gallery  |  Competitions  |  Forum  |  Magazine  |  Resources

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI